DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Thor

8 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

This is an unacceptable shit-show from Sony, shipping accessories and games ahead of the actual console is ludicrous.

‘sake, the country’s an unacceptable shit show at the moment, I don’t think getting your games and accessories a bit earlier is really a problem, get some perspective, you’re lucky to be getting anything at all. 

1 minute ago, gooner4life said:

The state of the country/world is why i want my PS5 immediately, I just want to take a few days off work where I can curl up and play some games without an industrial strength wind turbine blowing in the background, i need Astrobot and all the bubbles man.

Yeah don’t we all - but think of all the people busting their balls to get it all to you, in factories, delivery drivers, warehouse staff etc. Maybe you’re joking I don’t know but give people a break man :) 

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

‘sake, the country’s an unacceptable shit show at the moment, I don’t think getting your games and accessories a bit earlier is really a problem, get some perspective, you’re lucky to be getting anything at all. 

:D Indeed. This weekend I am going to turn on. tune in. drop out. Escapism is great. Just what you need in the current climate. :) Yay for gaming....whatever you game on. Whatever you play. Enjoy!

Just now, MattyP said:

:D Indeed. This weekend I am going to turn on. tune in. drop out. Escapism is great. Just what you need in the current climate. :) Yay for gaming....

Totally, it’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and she’s got Pikmin 3, so that’s our weekend sorted :) 

I think Amazon are really struggling what with increased orders due to lockdown and the Xbox launches yesterday so will see what happens next Thursday. As for tomorrow, I have a DualSense, a charging dock, media remote, camera, Miles Morales and Demon's Souls all rocking up (hopefully) so will give me some things to look at for a week I suppose :)

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Totally, it’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and she’s got Pikmin 3, so that’s our weekend sorted :) 

Awesome! :) Pikmin is just a great chill out game! Just sorted my youngest with a years worth of Xbox Live Gold and then converted it to GamePass Ultimate for him. He lives with his Mum a fair way from me so hoping we can find some common game between us and we can chat and play a game. Thinking Golfing With My Friends. But it will be a struggle dragging him away from Fortnite! :) (not a massive fan of the game if I'm honest and I just end up being cannon fodder for him as he plays it far too much!).

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

Awesome! :) Just sorted my youngest with a years worth of Xbox Live Gold and then converted it to GamePass Ultimate for him. He lives with his Mum a fair way from me so hoping we can find some common game between us and we can chat and play a game. Thinking Golfing With My Friends. But it will be a struggle dragging him away from Fortnite! :) (not a massive fan of the game if I'm honest and I just end up being cannon fodder for him as he plays it far too much!).

That’s cool - a great way to keep in touch with him and have some fun! Kids these days eh, a years worth of all those games at his fingertips! 

15 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s cool - a great way to keep in touch with him and have some fun! Kids these days eh, a years worth of all those games at his fingertips! 

I know... don't know how lucky they are... although too much is also as bad has having too little. Used to appreciate every game I had back then :D It's odd really as he is gaming much the way I did back then... He just sits on one game for most of the time (Fortnite). I guess it is constantly evolving. For me it was Elite on my C64! :D Flickery vector graphics and all. With bouts on Uridium for a break. Loving the way gaming has generally evolved and its been an amazing journey watching this over the years. Also funny how people are so impatient these days. Remember waiting a month or two for my Spectrum to come back after a warranty repair. Nearly two months without my favourite thing in the world at 11. :D Yet here we are with people having a delay of a day or so jumping up and down. :D Anyhow I digress.... And apologies for derailing this thread a bit.

Just wanted to say lets get things in perspective a bit...we all have awesome gaming kit to play on RIGHT  NOW. Even if some of us are still waiting for our newest toys. Live in the now boot up something and enjoy playing whilst you wait for your new toy to drop by. Enjoy the wait, enjoy the pre-delivery chat. Relish these moments. Relish the build up. Once you have your new toy it will feel old next week. :D 

OK, I just jizzed in my pants watching someone stream the first 20 minutes of Demons Souls and now I will sell my soul for a PS5. Any hints that there will be launch day stock anywhere?

Got my Series X yesterday and it's just been so long since I spoiled myself with some new tech..... :unsure:

I've had a notification from DPD that I have a parcel coming. The invoice from ShopTo shows all items but for the quantity of the PS5 is 0 which obviously means it isn't part of the shipment, however, the order status says shipped. 

Has anyone heard anything on Facebook or Twitter from ShopTo about whether this is correct and whether DPD are holding the PS5 until next week?

It'd be a bit of a shit show if companies were sending out accessories so early that the window to return them had expired before people got a chance to try them with the main device. I don't think that's the case here.

Now let me tell you about my Pixel 5 and case order from Google...

So Amazon are delivering Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, the DualSense and the charging station today and the camera and media remote tomorrow by the looks of it. Fair enough!

I almost always end up with Amazon Logistics where I am here, but thankfully the guy I usually get is very good.