PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

I figured I'd start a new thread as there will be plenty of us trying to snag re-ups over the coming weeks (months? years??) when they appear and we don't want to stink up the main thread with lucky sods waxing lyrical about their new toy.

Just now, Mr Ben said:

I managed to get one to checkout multiple times but it wouldnt complete the transaction.

No warning from Amazon at all either as I had signed up for email alerts. Terrible.

There is no way their e-mail alert can keep up with stock that is up and sold within a minute...

1 minute ago, Popo said:

@Mike S it was an absolute crap shoot to be honest.  I was there within moments and the website just wouldn't behave.

I arrived a few minutes late and actually managed to get to the check out before it failed on me which is more progress than earlier..

Never mind!

Just now, Mike S said:

There is no way their e-mail alert can keep up with stock that is up and sold within a minute...

Thats true, but there was also bugger all on twitter. No clue when stock would actually be up, or even if it would be after it didnt appear at 12.

If you see a future pre-order I'd leap on it, you can always cancel if you get lucky or if you have someone locally who wants one just hand them it at cost.  My cousin got one of those Amazon ones, I didn't (but I was mainly trying to buy it to pass on to him anyway so fine)

I got one of those Very orders in but I think it's going to be cancelled. It shows up in My Orders but no confirmation text or e-mail. Apparently people have spoke to them and if that's the case the order won't go through. Seems to be anyone who ordered the PSN card bundle. 

Not sure they knew what was going on. I ordered the digital edition at 10.04am which then disappeared and was replaced with the disc version which other mukkers are telling me is shipping soon for them so looks like they put the wrong one up first...

I know the digital version is in shorter supply so makes sense I'll need to wait. It's fine, my own fault for stupidly thinking I'd only need one brand new console this year.

3 minutes ago, Links said:

I got one of those Very orders in but I think it's going to be cancelled. It shows up in My Orders but no confirmation text or e-mail. Apparently people have spoke to them and if that's the case the order won't go through. Seems to be anyone who ordered the PSN card bundle. 

If it still show as as Processing, then it will be cancelled. I had the same issue so phoned them to find out it had been rejected

15 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Thats true, but there was also bugger all on twitter. No clue when stock would actually be up, or even if it would be after it didnt appear at 12.

But if they announced times on Amazon you'd be fighting against many thousands more trying to buy.

This is what happens when we don't pre-order - we end up fighting bots and human demand that overloads infrastructure and success is always going to be done to luck. It is what it is...

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

I'm still in the queue at Game - almost half way and still reporting over an hour to wait!

Yeah same here. I dont know whats going on with their site, but I can go there and see the console pre-orders, so does that mean they've not sold out yet?

Just now, Mr Ben said:

Yeah same here. I dont know whats going on with their site, but I can go there and see the console pre-orders, so does that mean they've not sold out yet?

I assume so, until I hear otherwise.

You don't get placed in the queue until you pick a bundle, so presumably some bundles will sell out before others?  I went with one of the mid-tier bundles.

image.thumb.png.792f94b1e880e3d7afafc76770c0941a.pngimage.thumb.png.0a1737bd638b3a1138647731bd1bc888.png

If you click any of those pre-orders it goes back to the same queue time. I have no clue if this means they've not sold out yet or not.

Edit: I clicked both the Miles Morales bundle and the one with just the media remote to see if there was any difference (have them both open in 2 windows) and the queue time was the same.

Wonder if I can pick which one I want.....:unsure: