PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

I think I'll be keeping an eye on this thread - slept on it yesterday and looks like I missed a few more chances to feel disappointed in being out-maneuvered by scalper bots again.

Smyth's UK website is still claiming more stock January, for what it's worth.

I really don't understand why some retailer doesn't just open orders.

Let me order one, you can deliver it any time I reach the front of the queue but just let me order and forget.  If that's March, fine.

You'll have people who get them quicker cancelling orders but surely you'd have a huge share of the "I want one but I'm not going to fight" crowd.

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Let me order one, you can deliver it any time I reach the front of the queue but just let me order and forget.  If that's March, fine.

You'll have people who get them quicker cancelling orders but surely you'd have a huge share of the "I want one but I'm not going to fight" crowd.

Probably just more admin. They'll sell the consoles anyway that is a given so why go to the extra trouble? I know its crap but as a business why spend time or money on something that won't give them any benefit? Sigh. MS were talking about such a system in a recent interview with Phil Spencer - with MS administrating it themselves perhaps Sony too might consider this in future. Who knows. In the future there will be an abundance of consoles to go around just everyone wants one right now. Before Xmas to wrap up. By the time they will have implemented and tested a queue system stock will be back to normal.

Hopefully its something both manufacturers and suppliers will look at next time around..perhaps. Maybe. :)

28 minutes ago, df0 said:

Smyths (in Ireland at least) sent out an email informing customers they open a new wave of pre-orders at 10:30 pm to be delivered before December 18.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.5d02bbf2f74be2bddf7c9f651ff3d2cc.jpg

From what I understand that email was about the stock they put up last night at 2230. 

I got that email at 0145 this morning. 

4 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Anyone seen the charging stand anywhere? Seems like they made four of them and now it's done. I don't want one of those ugly MadKatz knock off ones...

Stockinformer have a separate feed you can follow for PS5 accessories. 

I’ve seen the charging stand come in to stock a few times with an EU plug adapter. 

1 hour ago, bear said:

From what I understand that email was about the stock they put up last night at 2230. 

I got that email at 0145 this morning. 

Hmm, I understand it differently.

Well, we'll found out this evening at 10:30 pm :lol: 

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Probably just more admin. They'll sell the consoles anyway that is a given so why go to the extra trouble?:)

The theory is that Sony will allocate them more stock than they otherwise would have had because they have buyers.

12 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Shopto have just emailed to say that the stock they mentioned yesterday has now reached their warehouse! Does that mean people will be getting theirs from whichever retailer much earlier than the 18th I wonder?

Yup same as me.  Seems pretty early that!?

11 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The theory is that Sony will allocate them more stock than they otherwise would have had because they have buyers.

Guess in normal times but every shop will sell all the stock they can get at the moment anyway.

With both Argos and Shopto tweeting they will have no more stock til the New Year, was that the last hurrah?

Glum Christmas for my kids then, lol. That's what they get for writing their lists so late! (They are old enough to understand, I hope, and wait til January).

2 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

With both Argos and Shopto tweeting they will have no more stock til the New Year, was that the last hurrah?

Glum Christmas for my kids then, lol. That's what they get for writing their lists so late! (They are old enough to understand, I hope, and wait til January).

To shreds, you say?

1 minute ago, Lying Cat said:

To shreds, you say?

"Boys, I have some awful news about Santa.. you know this COVID-19 thing..."

But anyway they don't believe in Santa any more, so I get to squarely shoulder all the blame (whereas in my previously flawless years Santa got the credit). Not fair! Justice for Fathers (oh wait, that's something else)

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.overclockers.co.uk - last couple of months.

On 04/12/2020 at 10:31, Dudley said:

I wonder if this is something to do with accounting, in that if you accept a pre-order with any level of down-payment then it becomes a liability on your company that would need to be on the books which you probably don't want if future stock allocations are unknown?

Hmmm, something shady about Shoptos recent stock notification. Received an email on Thursday thanking me for keeping my order with them and that stock was arriving so I needed to pay. Paid them that day and Friday received an email saying that my item was now in their warehouse. Not heard a peep since.

So I message them today and got a curt "as you were notified last week, orders are expected to be delivered by the 18th December". Why the fuck did they need paying almost 2 weeks in advance, and why sit on supposed stock in their warehouse? Am I just being a twat? (It's ok if I am :) )

18 hours ago, deKay said:

Anyone with a Smyths order had any other communication? They told me they’re dispatching on the 17th but if retailers have more stock now, that doesn’t make sense?

Just had an email to say they’re dispatching this week!

20 hours ago, Gabe said:

I wonder if this is something to do with accounting, in that if you accept a pre-order with any level of down-payment then it becomes a liability on your company that would need to be on the books which you probably don't want if future stock allocations are unknown?

Maybe.

But then don't have down payments.  What's the worst that can happen? People don't buy them, i.e - exactly what you have now.

But plenty of us would just happily wait until one turned up.

If you don’t have down payments then you end up ordering based on pre orders which then get cancelled and you’re left with a load of stock you’ve paid out for and now have to sell. Seems easy with ps5 scarcity right now but there will be a point where you don’t want 1000 of these in a warehouse somewhere.

Really Sony should either be like Apple with a single point of preorder/purchase or make it so you need to get a 2fa code or something to reduce the bots and scalpers.