PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

CEX don't care if a product is brand new or not, it doesn't reflect in the price. Only things that might affect price with them are whether it is boxed or unboxed and whether it has any physical imperfections/obvious wear and tear. 

Seat of the pants got lucky today with Currys, but Christ knows how. I was up and working about 7:30am and noticed some feverous activity on some of those stock checker sites talking about Currys, Went to the Currys website, could see all the consoles and various bundles but they could not be added to the basket. Someone posted "use the Currys app" so downloaded that and tried that. I was somehow able to add just the console to the basket, went through the checkout, put payment details in, went to authorise, looked like it did it and then CRASH, everything errored and went offline.

Website went offline and the app went into maintenance mode. I had no idea if it worked or not, no email came in. I couldn't get back into the site or the app (for most of the morning) to get to my Currys account and see if the order went though. 

After about an hour I received an email saying order confirmed, but still didn't believe it. Tried to get into my account, but the site and app was an absolutely disaster area for most of the day. In the afternoon I received a DPD email confirm to say its on its way, followed a while later by the Currys email confirm of dispatch. 

It's a crazy time out there for this stuff, the scalpers obviously using advanced software/techniques to get stock, and all the while its like this (can make a few hundred quid by reselling it) its going to be a shit time for those actual gamers that really want it. The way Currys site collapsed under the load was more like a DDOS attack than genuine customers trying to get in.

In all the console launches I've experienced there is nothing like this IMO, but then it is extraordinary times. Long term although Sony's sales figures look great, it is damaging the brand in the short term (no one remembers past a certain point do they!) and some may just say fuck it and get an Xbox.

At least Currys offered the machine on its own (which is what I ordered in a blind rush) and some bundles, and not being wankers about it by just offering bullshit bundles only.

Good luck to everyone on your endeavours, you know this will come to an end at some point. The PS5 isn't a limited run of Nike Jordans or Yeezes) once the scalpers find something else to do. At the moment though its one hot ticket. The next Playstation (6) should be called Sony Hens Teeth.

8 minutes ago, englishbob said:

In all the console launches I've experienced there is nothing like this IMO, but then it is extraordinary times. Long term although Sony's sales figures look great, it is damaging the brand in the short term (no one remembers past a certain point do they!) and some may just say fuck it and get an Xbox.

I seem to recall a similar problem a few months after the launch of the Switch with a 'what do you mean there's no stock??' it's not really a new thing, but it needs to fuck off sharpish. I can see there being near constant outages all year, probably more so when they actually release a dedicated must have PS5 game. Happy to wait, but like I've said, if GT Sport drops in the next six months and I'm unable to buy in then I'll be pissed.

4 minutes ago, marsh said:

I seem to recall a similar problem a few months after the launch of the Switch with a 'what do you mean there's no stock??' it's not really a new thing, but it needs to fuck off sharpish. I can see there being near constant outages all year, probably more so when they actually release a dedicated must have PS5 game. Happy to wait, but like I've said, if GT Sport drops in the next six months and I'm unable to buy in then I'll be pissed.

A GT game being released in the first year of a PS console, that surely ain't happening (unless its a Prologue)

4 minutes ago, englishbob said:

A GT game being released in the first year of a PS console, that surely ain't happening (unless its a Prologue)

That's what I keep telling myself, and everyone else. However, if it happens it keeps that fire stoked right up.

I didn't go for switch at launch, but got one about 6 months later without too much trouble. I seem to recall I just got an email from Amazon they were back in stock and I ordered it. 

I suspect this is largely due to the pandemic reducing supply. Until this week there wasn't any stock since Dec 3rd. And demand is probably also up from pandemic. I know I was not bothered about preordering, but now looking at this as a "treat" (what have I spent money on this year, etc). That kind of view will be driving people to the scalpers too. 

There's more to come with Amazon and Argos. Surely amazon have the largest lot - you might get a few more seconds to secure one! 

6 hours ago, Ry said:

Maplin have 6 in stock. 

Adding to basket does nothing lol

And here's how I find out they resurrected Maplin online.

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

It's happened once, GT3 was within a year of the UK PS2 launch.

2 hours ago, Popo said:

Looks like Amazon’s restock happened two hours ago. All gone now. 

That’s stupid, ofc the only ones buying at 4am will be bots.

I saw that PlayStation Europe were hiring for an e-commerce person recently - I guess that Sony are going to take more direct control of distribution of physical goods, to try and stop this happening again in future. (Sony’s own direct selling methods in the US have had a reasonable effect vs scalpers, from some commentary I’ve seen.)

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Looks like Amazon’s restock happened two hours ago. All gone now. 

Sauce pls

I'm following a pretty lively Discord and didn't hear anything about this. Word on the street is it's Very dropping today, but who the bollocks knows. Their 'Take 3' interest free thing is the only way I'm going to be able to afford one at the moment. I had a bundle in my Game basket last night with an extra controller, Cyberpunk and a t-shirt for about £560, and I nearly processed it, buy then I gave myself a slap and left it for some other sucker.

The stupid thing is that I don't even bloody want one, or I certainly don't need one, anyway, but the chase, man, the chase!

15 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Sauce pls

Stock Informer updates - when I posted this morning I did think the U.K. was included, but actually it was Amazon France, Italy and Spain, so everyone can put their pitchforks back in the cupboard. All RRP, though, looks legit. 

Bugger. They always seem to replenish stock in the middle of the night or when I’m teaching and can’t do anything about it. I’d rather they waited until there was a large enough quantity rather than restock in dribs and drabs.

I’m trying to look at the positive side in that I haven’t spent £450 that I may well need in a few months. 

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

@Ry did you use any groups or apps to get notified when it came in stock?

Yup. The twitch stream a page back. 

Stock informer sites have been slow and next to useless compared to that. I just had the twitch stream running in the background while i work. It gives that Gregorian chant music thats in Conan and a million other things  when stock becomes available and a link gets posted.