PlayStation 5 stock alerts

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

@Ry did you use any groups or apps to get notified when it came in stock?

Yup. The twitch stream a page back. 

Stock informer sites have been slow and next to useless compared to that. I just had the twitch stream running in the background while i work. It gives that Gregorian chant music thats in Conan and a million other things  when stock becomes available and a link gets posted. 

Have any of these things changed in the meantime:

"Launch lineup had one game I was interested in. Don't like the pad ergonomics, frequent hard crashes, £70 games (fuck that), its ugly, terrible UI, its huge and coil whine. "

3 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

coil whine.

Just about to post my first impressions, and this is it! What's up with that, all those YouTube early console gift wankers never mentioned this in their unboxings

6 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Have any of these things changed in the meantime:

"Launch lineup had one game I was interested in. Don't like the pad ergonomics, frequent hard crashes, £70 games (fuck that), its ugly, terrible UI, its huge and coil whine. "

Nope. But i need to play Gran Turismo somewhere. 

Im re-buying for future games. 

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yup. The twitch stream a page back. 

Stock informer sites have been slow and next to useless compared to that. I just had the twitch stream running in the background while i work. It gives that Gregorian chant music thats in Conan and a million other things  when stock becomes available and a link gets posted. 

I damn near shat my pants when that sound came on after hours/days of nothing.

Is there a list of places like base.com where you can register your interest and get told when they can sell you one?  I'm not interested in jumping in queues or sitting and refreshing sites for hours, I just want to buy one in the same way I'd buy a new tv...

Base.com let you register your interest, and authorise your card for a penny, which I think means they have more of an idea of their supply vs demand compared with the likes of Currys who just let the world and his dog join a queue?  Any others like that?

20 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Is there a list of places like base.com where you can register your interest and get told when they can sell you one?  I'm not interested in jumping in queues or sitting and refreshing sites for hours, I just want to buy one in the same way I'd buy a new tv...

Base.com let you register your interest, and authorise your card for a penny, which I think means they have more of an idea of their supply vs demand compared with the likes of Currys who just let the world and his dog join a queue?  Any others like that?

The twitch stream 2 pages back is your best bet (especially if you are at a desk working). I was registered with around 10 different places for XSX and PS5 stock and never got a single email.

14 minutes ago, Popo said:

Looks like some activity on Amazon - Stock Informer pinged an update, but strangely the link to the disk version doesn't work anymore.

It's not unusual to get alerts for third-party sellers using Amazon Marketplace. The price usually gives it away.

38 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

how much profit?

£75

Sold it to a friend of a friend who was desperate and actually offered £700. And I shouldn't have bought it at the time anyway as it left me overdrawn. I did finish Spiderman though which was great. 

Apparently Argos have stock, but no one knows when it’s going to be available to order. About 3 units per store.

I think sticking it in your wishlist on the app and having some sort of alert set up is your best bet, but I imagine it’s going to be tough.

I’m on the hunt for another PS5, but I think I’ll probably forget about chasing one down until they’re not so difficult to get, even if that ends up being Spring/Summer.

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Apparently Argos have stock, but no one knows when it’s going to be available to order. About 3 units per store.

When you're down to those tiny numbers they're never making public sale. The staff will buy them as soon as they're booked in and walk straight to the local CEX.