PlayStation 5 stock alerts

44 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

The light at the end of the tunnel is some of these fucks are bound to get stuck with them as the amount of folks willing to overpay will probably drop off before stock becomes plentiful. 

Noticed the prices on FB Marketplace have been dropping of late. Seen a couple of packs for £500 and £650. The £650 bundle had an extra pad, charging dock and three games with it. 

I expect next month this will have died down a bit. Scalpers. Your time is running out.  :) 

3 hours ago, Triple A said:

lol jokers - prices are edging downward on eBay now so these guys will be left with stock if they don't keep up

I'd love for them to have to sell them at the RRP thus losing money due to ebay & PayPal fees.

Was expecting prices on eBay to have dropped more after reading this thread. They've gone down maybe £50 or so on average? Still plenty of profit there at the moment, most are still going for 700-750 with just a few going on the high 600s.

Series X is consistently around 550 now, nothing much to made there unless you sell when eBay do that max £1 selling fees offer

13 hours ago, Oz said:

available from these sellers in amazon. lovely. delivery is free. with amazon prime.

I guess some unexacting people order those without realising.

Actually tempted to order 1 just to hold it for 30 days so I can send it back for a refund.

52 minutes ago, Majora said:

Was expecting prices on eBay to have dropped more after reading this thread. They've gone down maybe £50 or so on average? Still plenty of profit there at the moment, most are still going for 700-750 with just a few going on the high 600s.

Series X is consistently around 550 now, nothing much to made there unless you sell when eBay do that max £1 selling fees offer

And someone said CEX prices have dropped but a quick search this morning shows them the same £815.

https://uk.webuy.com/search/?stext=ps5&sortBy=sellprice&sortOrder=desc

5 hours ago, Totoro said:

I guess some unexacting people order those without realising.

Actually tempted to order 1 just to hold it for 30 days so I can send it back for a refund.

Lovely :) And as a market place seller, they are obliged to take ANY return for those 30 days, but if it's a change of mind return, you'd be liable for return shipping, might be worth it just to piss them off a bit though :P

**Sellers please note: This product is exempt from the CeX 10 day price promise for online buys. If the buy price changes between an order being placed and that stock arriving at our warehouse, the most recent price will be paid. This does not affect the price guarantee on Drop and Go orders.

Never seen that before at CEX. Bonkers. Imagine sending it in and they change the price on you! Chancers.

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Lots of preorder bundles available on ShopTo, apparently, but no dates on when they'll actually get the stock in, and you can only get the bundle, not just the console. Wankers.

This will go on a bit as stock is still hard to find. Game used to push bundles too although didn't stop you buying the console on its own. I expect it helps their bottom line a bit and lets face it ShopTo are a fairly small outfit to be fair. Never used them myself but a few friends seem to be happy with them.

I expect consoles will be easier to get in a month or so. Most people who have got one will have - mostly early adopters anyway. It's not like PC GPU's where they are using whole batches of cards in crypto mining rigs etc. 

21 hours ago, SeanR said:

oh, before I forget

one of the tagged accounts has a bot that enthused about the delivery and asked for a positive review

but then they deleted it...

image.thumb.png.96225b6d72719c82eb6dc474326528a7.png

:lol:

To be fair to shopto, I had a preorder with them that I forgot about as they couldn’t get me one on release day, they then hooked me up a month later with one as I was still on their list (which I passed to a mate for £0). If you wanted one before, they would have probably sorted you out.

Also, if you wanna deter scalpers, I’d make a point of lumbering them with a copy of either Souls or Spidey that would be a pain to shift.

1 minute ago, mikeyl said:

Also, if you wanna deter scalpers, I’d make a point of lumbering them with a copy of either Souls or Spidey that would be a pain to shift.

I expect this is part of their motivation too. Annoying for people that want to source things separately however guessing most potential PS5 gamers will want Souls anyway (or Spidey). I expect they'll still pick the bundles up anyway and sell the bits separately anyway though. Amazing how many ads I see for sealed games and unused controllers.... Think most people will be getting bored now or just not willing to pay over the odds for these. 

You feel that this would be a great way to maliciously get people sacked really.

I mean, it’s a really fucking daft way to go about stealing things when Amazon tracks everything through the system, but I guess you get a PS5 out of it?

Very strange.

11 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I call BS seeing as they're using codes sent to the buyer now that the delivery guy has to enter in his PDA for it to be registered as delivered.

I mentioned in another thread I think, they don't do that for every delivery. They do it for some expensive packages and not others. They were doing it last year even.

5 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Well the guy delivering mine had a clipboard with a couple of sheets of names and addresses.

that's so they know where to rob for PS5s...

5 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I call BS seeing as they're using codes sent to the buyer now that the delivery guy has to enter in his PDA for it to be registered as delivered.

Also that’s a numbers account.

14 minutes ago, DriveBy said:

I got one from Smyths this morning.. the discord channel I posted has a stock bot which alerted me. Stock seemed to last about a minute.

The link from a few pages ago seems to have expired. Would you mind posting another?

44 minutes ago, DriveBy said:

https://discord.gg/tjCzD63ajA is the server I am on, I think I set this link to never expire hopefully.

There are some rules to read etc. and you'll need to do the response thing to get alerts from the bot channel, but it's generally friendly and the guy running it seems to be sound.

What’s the response thing? I gave a user name, ticked a box and can’t figure out what to do after that.

Sorry I am thick.

40 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

What’s the response thing? I gave a user name, ticked a box and can’t figure out what to do after that.

Sorry I am thick.

Did you tick the little green box on the '#rules' channel? That's what gives you acces to the server.

43 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Sorry I am thick.

Yep, click the rules tick for accepting the rules, that'll open up the server. If you click the light thingy next to that, it will add you to the stock alert channel as well. This is referring to the icons at the bottom of the rules post, by the way.

I have no idea if this is normal for discord, never used it before.