PlayStation 5 stock alerts

I’m not entirely convinced by this Curry’s thing. I redeemed my code on Wednesday after putting in my details. The screen updated to say I’d be contacted within 7 days but received no confirmation email. 

Of course, you weren't a bot that ordered a bundle in the first 4 seconds.

They ask you to choose a product beforehand for a reason.

Explains why I instantly went from "Over an hour" to "0".

Currys thing worked but it’s a bit dodgy. Overpriced bundle with 12 months PS+ only (disc version). Also, they have to open a business account for you. It seems really scammy but I think that’s just Currys.

This is the first console I’ve bought from them since my original Megadrive (from Dixons).

38 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Do Game take the money out when its sent out? Had a confirmation mail but no money has been taken out. 

No, they usually pre-authorise the card a few days before despatch.

11 minutes ago, Strafe said:

No, they usually pre-authorise the card a few days before despatch.

which is the 2nd of April? 

this drop has been labelled as preorders with a release date for a while, so... between now and then?

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Well that's how you got one, I'm convinced the people who just want a console never actually get through the queue.

Nope, I've been in two queue's (one on my laptop, one on my phone) one with a console spare pad and t shirt, and one with just the console and still come away with nothing, many many times.

3 hours ago, marsh said:

Nope, I've been in two queue's (one on my laptop, one on my phone) one with a console spare pad and t shirt, and one with just the console and still come away with nothing, many many times.

Oh ordering a bundle certainly doesn't guarantee you a console. But I'm pretty certain they cycle virtually everyone with a bundle ahead of everyone without.

And probably everyone with a £800 bundle ahead of your ones.

A charging dock has fuck all complex technology in it, it should be so easy to mass produce, its a bit shocking how short supply it is in 4 months on. 

It makes me pessimistic for the ps5/XSX which actually has some high tech difficult to manufacture components in it. 

5 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I’m not entirely convinced by this Curry’s thing. I redeemed my code on Wednesday after putting in my details. The screen updated to say I’d be contacted within 7 days but received no confirmation email. 

We got a call back from the local store and my son's last Christmas present is finally on it's way.

I used to think the same until i got the PS4 one as a gift years ago. Never need to fuck about with cables, always got a full charge, looks nice, pad dies? drop one in, take one out,don't have to ruin the shite weak mini usb ports (though the c unit on the ds is better), charges faster through the base of the controller rather than the top, feels like a high end product. £25 for an elegant solution to a first world problem, and something that will last the entire generation? Bargain IMO 

8 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Wronguns in here going mad for a fucking charger. Always perplexes the shit out of me.

It matches the console and you simply set the controller in it. Unofficial charging docks involve putting the controller in upside down or clipping something to the actual controller to get it to charge wirelessly. 

21 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Wronguns in here going mad for a fucking charger. Always perplexes the shit out of me.

Going mad? I popped on amazon 4 hours after I saw it on here and bought one?

But I use my PS4 one literally constantly so it's worth picking one up.

4 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Just fucking plug the cable into it. Easy. Fucking molded plastic cradles holding your controllers proudly and prominently like one of those mobile phone holsters Gareth from The Office wears.

£25 for a generation of not rooting round behind the TV every night for the cable flopping stupidly out of the front or back of the machine and being able to just pick the controller up off the charger from my seat without moving the cat?

Bargain.