PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

30 minutes ago, Popo said:

Herein lies the problem, I would have thought?

I was perplexed when I first saw the design of the PS5 but I think it looks well in the up right position in reality. Looks a bit like a large fancy router. 

11 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I didn’t realise the peripherals were fun at all, sorry. 

Says the guy who wants to stare at an £80 Metal Gear Solid artwork book.

3 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

It's arrived and wrapped up since it was a late Christmas present.  I'm very excited for him to finish school now.

You're handing it over tomorrow night surely?

If he gets a PS5 now, tomorrow at school he'll be going insane unable to play it :omg:

15 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

If he gets a PS5 now, tomorrow at school he'll be going insane unable to play it :omg:

Is he getting sent to bed at 5?

3 hours ago, dino_jr said:

That's the hope.   He gives me enough grief, it's nice to be able to pay some back every now and then.

I think the problem is the scammers already have the ultimate safety net - they can simply return the PS5 to the retailer unopened for their full refund. Aside from a bit of time spent, it's a no risk enterprise.

I'd imagine that's going to be a right old faff, either returning them by post, or putting your crack pipe down and having to stay clean for long enough to walk to a shop that's open.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

About a week back, doesn't seem to have made the difference I was hoping so far.

The ones on Facebook Marketplace have been coming down. It's about 550 now for the disc. I suspect this is the final throes of the scalping, although that stuck ship might be a factor! 

2 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I think the problem is the scammers already have the ultimate safety net - they can simply return the PS5 to the retailer unopened for their full refund. Aside from a bit of time spent, it's a no risk enterprise.

That sounds more like damage limitation to be fair - money not earned is money lost, at the end of the day. Sounds like we’re maybe getting towards the end of this madness now. 

Yeah, the pro scalpers don't want to be trapising round to retailers, wasting another 2 hours for no return.

And if they have to post it back they're paying for that.

And the bots are not being run by amateur scalpers.

18 hours ago, marsh said:

I'd imagine that's going to be a right old faff, either returning them by post, or putting your crack pipe down and having to stay clean for long enough to walk to a shop that's open.

The very idea of an addict having the funds or the wherewithal to bulk buy a £450 games console :lol:

4 minutes ago, pledge said:

Just got one from Amazon (smile). No luck when I got alert, usual basket failing to add. Tried again ten minutes later and it just worked.

Ditto. Scalpers must be getting bored.

In a panic I bought everything that was already in my basket, which was a number of gin I was trying to choose between. I'm not risking editing order so it's going to be all of them now.