PlayStation 5 stock alerts

2 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I got to see the blessed 'In Stock' text, but only got errors when I tried to add to basket. The struggle continues.

Gone through smile? It didn't work on the normal route.

Yeah if you go through Smile you can add the digital version to basket. Assume the profit margin must have gone on these as they've been available for ages on Amazon now

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

Gone through smile? It didn't work on the normal route.

I followed a link from one of those Stock tracker telegrams, so probably not smile. I did try Smile on my laptop, but it must have been too late by then.

If there's anyone in Sheffield who's been trying to get a disc version for a while, let me know and you can have the one I just impulse purchased (at cost, obvs).

2 hours ago, pledge said:

Just got one from Amazon (smile). No luck when I got alert, usual basket failing to add. Tried again ten minutes later and it just worked.

Yeah same as me - got another for a friend - 3rd one now so with the right twitter alerts it seems to be working for me. 

Ditto - the drop happening at school dropoff time meant I was limited to trying on my phone, so just got the same message as Sean above (whilst trying not to walk into people... cross roads... put masks on... etc etc)

Same for me. I console (boom tish) myself with the thought that there may actually be something I desperately want to play by the time I actually manage to get one.

Exciting shenanigans as BT gets stock, their login servers shit the bed, those of us who were there early have them in baskets.  The scalpers fuck off and we all waltz through checkout after 30 minutes.

But fuck knows if we have orders, they're all "In security checks".

I think by the time that GT7 actually gets a release, I should be able to walk into a shop and drop a sizeable wodge of vouchers on the counter and get one off the shelf. The less time I spend in virtual queues the happier I am at just holding out till next year.

Sony emailed me when I started playing Demon's Souls, and have emailed me again saying congrats on finishing it.

Does anyone know where I go to opt out of this creepy data monitoring? I'm pretty sure all my console settings are set for maximum privacy.

Whereas Sony have emailed me to suggest I buy Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales, despite those being the only 2 PS5 games I have bought and installed on the console. I’m not sure I’m that worried about their analytics. 

12 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Wow.  It's still in stock a few minutes later.  Does this mean the shortages might finally be over?

The charging station? It was in stock for about 12 hours last week.

13 hours ago, Dudley said:

The charging station? It was in stock for about 12 hours last week.

well that’s encouraging.  Hopefully the consoles stock will do similar leading into summer.  

My charging station arrived today.  It looks lovely.  Shame no console still!