PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Lovely :)

I've actually got 2 copies of it, bought an xbox demo disk from a charity shop earlier this year and for some reason there was a copy of this in there too, guessing someone just filed it with the first magazine they bought and forgot.

I've seen a few of those, including a few that probably thought they were being smart about it by being flat out vague about it.

'pic PS5 NEW' or some shit. Ah, found it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-5-Pic-Disc-Console/254788842603?hash=item3b5299346b:g:lzoAAOSwMQNfvagi

Is it a picture? Is 'pic' short for something like 'Pristine in Container'? I don't know, and nobody reading that one does either.

Also saw someone upset that the £25000 they sold one for wasn't real either, sobbing about 'time wasters'. 

Very seem to be slowly dispatching the orders placed on launch day. They have been taking a hammering online from individuals claiming to have been misled. Don't see the issue myself and I'm happy to wait until 17th December for mine. If it comes earlier then it's a bonus.

8 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I've seen a few of those, including a few that probably thought they were being smart about it by being flat out vague about it.

'pic PS5 NEW' or some shit. Ah, found it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-5-Pic-Disc-Console/254788842603?hash=item3b5299346b:g:lzoAAOSwMQNfvagi

That one is well dodgy! I'd love to think otherwise, but I can't see any possibility of it being legit, if only due to the relatively lower prices.

Plus the giveaway for my one above is that it was to be dispatched by "Royal Class 2nd Class Letter" :sherlock:

10 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

That one is well dodgy! I'd love to think otherwise, but I can't see any possibility of it being legit, if only due to the relatively lower prices.

Plus the giveaway for my one above is that it was to be dispatched by "Royal Class 2nd Class Letter" :sherlock:

Second class. Holy hell. Their profit margin's so slight that they can't even squeeze in a first class delivery. 

17 hours ago, amorenod said:

I've been there too.

IMG_20201125_131637_copy_2268x3024.thumb.jpg.fd4294a15ce7ec440fd4b33a21fa87c3.jpg

The most infuriating disk ever. Sega GT is instantly forgettable, Jet Set Radio Future is blooming fantastic, but despite JSRF being backwards compatible with 360 the menu on this disk isn't.  So having Sega GT that you'll never play comes at the cost of stopping you from playing JSRF on your 360.

On 23/11/2020 at 21:52, Ray Tracing said:

@cubik did you get the same mail or was yours supposed to be dispatched sooner? 

I ordered it on Thursday when the website said 3-5 days, and got an order acknowledgement straightaway.

After a while I got the "it might be a bit longer" email, and then eventually got an email saying it would be by the 15th. At that point I was resigned to the fact that it was mid December before I could drool over Spider-Man's reflection.

On Friday, the status changed to "Despatched" and the internet was full of comments from people seeing the same change and getting DPD tracking numbers. Obviously at this point I got excited as mine had despatched so I'd be getting a tracking number and it would be with me within days! Errr.... Nope.

The status stayed like that till Monday when it went backwards to Processing and it was obvious it hadn't shipped as it didn't exist.

I've had no updates since, and from what I've seen online, neither have others (apart from some really unlucky ones going from despatched to on hold or cancelled).

Like I mentioned, the lack of updates or a straight answer annoyed me more than a lack of console. If this is their level of support for a sale, I hope nothing goes wrong with the hardware.

One thing I have gleaned from this whole debacle is that HUKD must be the official #1 cuntiest forum on the internet.

I know I've complained a bit in here but their PS5 thread is full of seriously entitled people who phone Currys customer support every 4 hours for a status update, people on the wind up and scalpers bragging about their batches of consoles and gumtree sales.

Oh well, patience is a virtue as they say so roll on the 15th. I've bought Control on PS4 and that's keeping me busy till then and it gives me time to think about getting a new TV on black Friday.

On 25/11/2020 at 15:35, dumpster said:

The most infuriating disk ever. Sega GT is instantly forgettable, Jet Set Radio Future is blooming fantastic, but despite JSRF being backwards compatible with 360 the menu on this disk isn't.  So having Sega GT that you'll never play comes at the cost of stopping you from playing JSRF on your 360.

Ah, I have a solution to that problem too.

757907865_2020-11-2712_22_04.thumb.jpg.56efc9bfd28a1de8151e87b93e424724.jpg

Plus it actually works really well on PC these days.

On 25/11/2020 at 18:05, cubik said:

I ordered it on Thursday when the website said 3-5 days, and got an order acknowledgement straightaway.

After a while I got the "it might be a bit longer" email, and then eventually got an email saying it would be by the 15th. At that point I was resigned to the fact that it was mid December before I could drool over Spider-Man's reflection.

On Friday, the status changed to "Despatched" and the internet was full of comments from people seeing the same change and getting DPD tracking numbers. Obviously at this point I got excited as mine had despatched so I'd be getting a tracking number and it would be with me within days! Errr.... Nope.

The status stayed like that till Monday when it went backwards to Processing and it was obvious it hadn't shipped as it didn't exist.

I've had no updates since, and from what I've seen online, neither have others (apart from some really unlucky ones going from despatched to on hold or cancelled).

Like I mentioned, the lack of updates or a straight answer annoyed me more than a lack of console. If this is their level of support for a sale, I hope nothing goes wrong with the hardware.

One thing I have gleaned from this whole debacle is that HUKD must be the official #1 cuntiest forum on the internet.

I know I've complained a bit in here but their PS5 thread is full of seriously entitled people who phone Currys customer support every 4 hours for a status update, people on the wind up and scalpers bragging about their batches of consoles and gumtree sales.

Oh well, patience is a virtue as they say so roll on the 15th. I've bought Control on PS4 and that's keeping me busy till then and it gives me time to think about getting a new TV on black Friday.

I am in the exact position

dispatched has changed to “order received”.

no way of knowing what’s happening, or contacting them. But they have taken £450 from my card.

7 minutes ago, ulala said:

I am in the exact position

dispatched has changed to “order received”.

no way of knowing what’s happening, or contacting them. But they have taken £450 from my card.

I got my PS5 today, two days ago I got an email from them saying that they hoped I was enjoying my purchase.

Yesterday, my order status changed to "processing" or something like that, then took a step back to "order received" for a few hours.

Last night I got the despatched email and DPD tracking number. At that point the order status was still "processing".

I don't think the order status has any bearing on reality. As happy as I am with my PS5, I certainly wouldn't buy from Currys again.

Not because it took a few days, that's understandable for such an in demand product. I'd not buy from them again as they tell you absolutely nothing that makes sense.

Edit - From what I saw on HUKD, the easiest way to get them to cancel your order is to get in touch with them to chase things up!

I never bothered but a lot of people that did were told it was all good and then their orders were magically cancelled.

I’ve always had a good experience with Currys. I submitted a price match request yesterday and got a response in a few hours, and they have live chat and telephone lines, right? And they at least use a decent courier. 

GAME are horrendous in comparison. They only have Twitter, support tickets and Facebook and responses to those are sometimes non existent. I got a response to a ticket 5 or 6 days after I raised it. 

In my experience eBay always sides with the buyer in a dispute.  I had an issue where a customer was blatantly taking the piss and eBay took the money from my PayPal account and refunded it anyway.  So if you did buy a picture of a ps5 for 600 quid on eBay, or an Xbox Box etc, surely the scammer is wasting their time as the customer will realise they were scammed, open a dispute and eBay will refund it?