Jump to content

PlayStation 5 stock alerts


Pob
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 13/09/2021 at 16:15, Sixkiller said:

 

What next, a stock allocation for farmfoods?  Why the fuck are they letting TV channels get involved in selling consoles?

 

The BT store has existed since 1987 so it's not really "A TV channel" selling anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

The worst has happened and one of my kids has decided that he'd like a PS5 for Christmas. 

 

I've got all the stock alert apps and twitter feeds set up but honestly it's a complete shit show and with over 20k followers on some of these accounts of course it's literally pointless trying to respond quick enough. Soon as I hit a 404 or an 'online queue' (fucking hell....:facepalm:)  I tap out. I love my kids but not that much.

 

What are people doing now or has everyone just given up/got one? Any tips or tricks learnt over the last year would be gratefully received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a disc edition that has technically been used, but only for about 10 minutes, I'm just not a gamer anymore I think 😅

 

I guess I'd be able to sell it for what I bought it for now? 450?

 

Sort of just asking but also opening the offer to anyone here if they want it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't take up Morcs offer then look at the bundle deals when Game/Smyths/Argos or whoever stock alerts come up. 

 

Before I got mine I queued in the Game queue on several occasions when the alerts came up,  only to get to the front of the queue add the standalone PS5 to my basket only then to be told there was no stock.  On the 3rd or 4th time doing this I backed out and tried to add a PS5 with Miles Morales and got one straight away.

 

So I suspect very little if any stock is made available for stand alone supply, when the retailers know they have you over a barrel to purchase extra stuff from them as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, morcs said:

 I'm just not a gamer anymore I think 😅

I'm thinking the same thing. Well not that I'm not a gamer anymore per se just not enjoying the games that are released these days that much.

 

Hoping I can get some enthusiasm back but I've gone through a Series X and currently on the PS5 at the moment. Seem to be picking up the odd retro game these days and getting more from those... Think it's because they are less time consuming and easier to pick up for an odd hour here and there.

 

Seems with each generation that comes I'm getting more in a state of "meh" about current games. 

 

Astrobot was good though.... :D And the PS5 controller is amazing when it's used well. So that generally other than SSDs feels innovative this gen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, morcs said:

I end up playing retro/indie games that would probably run on a hacked SNES mini :lol:

 

I might go for a Switch again, I did actually use that.

If you have a decent phone use that with a controller and maybe hook it up to a big screen if possible?! 

 

Enjoyed my Switch but once I'd got through the Nintendo content I wanted to play that was it for me sadly. Nintendo haven't really been forthcoming with new Mario games seems an age since Odyssey. 

 

Anyhow.... Not wanting to derail the thread hope everyone manages to get a PS5 although personally wouldn't say you are missing that much at the moment - especially if you have a previous gen console. Don't give into FOMO!

 

I'd expect things to get more interesting in winter 2022 onwards. Might even have a smaller (slim) version of the PS5 out by then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, morcs said:

I've got a disc edition that has technically been used, but only for about 10 minutes, I'm just not a gamer anymore I think 😅

 

I guess I'd be able to sell it for what I bought it for now? 450?

 

Sort of just asking but also opening the offer to anyone here if they want it!

 

Thanks but think I'm after the digital edition to be honest. He's pretty much your classic teenage Fifa/CoD gamer so no use for them shiny silver thingies anymore. He'd only lose them.

 

It's mad that scalpers and bots are still ruining it for everyone a year on from launch. I just don't have the time to play browser wars all day waiting for the perfect moment to pounce.:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

I’d forgotten about the stock crisis of consoles 2021. When was the PS5 released -Nov 2020? Almost a year old and still tricky to buy one. Shocking. 

Global tech issue though.... Any form of tech has been and continues to be a nightmare to source....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True but has anything else (mainstream) been so elusive? I know high end GPUs have perhaps been similar but comparatively speaking they are a bit more niche perhaps. 
 

I wonder if it hampers long term sales as some will have “got over” the hype and realised that perhaps they don’t actually need a PS5. Might just be me though 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm very curious to see just how many Series S consoles get bought for Xmas when people can't get anything else. It feels like MS should be able to capitalise on this state of affairs, but I'll assume they probably won't as much as they probably deserve to at the moment. Honestly, the main reason I want a PS5 at the moment is once again to go back and replay older games - at this moment in time there's nothing in the near future that's appealing to me, but the thought of replaying God of War and other stuff at full whack is properly my jam of choice.

 

My Series X is a Gears of War/Halo machine really, and that's just the way I like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I'm very curious to see just how many Series S consoles get bought for Xmas when people can't get anything else. It feels like MS should be able to capitalise on this state of affairs, but I'll assume they probably won't as much as they probably deserve to at the moment. Honestly, the main reason I want a PS5 at the moment is once again to go back and replay older games - at this moment in time there's nothing in the near future that's appealing to me, but the thought of replaying God of War and other stuff at full whack is properly my jam of choice.

 

My Series X is a Gears of War/Halo machine really, and that's just the way I like it.


 

Quote

Any.  form.  of.  tech.  has.  been.  and. continues.  to.  be. a. nightmare. to. source.


my emphasis 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I'm very curious to see just how many Series S consoles get bought for Xmas when people can't get anything else. It feels like MS should be able to capitalise on this state of affairs, but I'll assume they probably won't as much as they probably deserve to at the moment. Honestly, the main reason I want a PS5 at the moment is once again to go back and replay older games - at this moment in time there's nothing in the near future that's appealing to me, but the thought of replaying God of War and other stuff at full whack is properly my jam of choice.

 

My Series X is a Gears of War/Halo machine really, and that's just the way I like it.

I don't think MS will be able too. PS5 has demand they literally cannot make them fast enough.  Even ignoring the pandemic the PS5 has sold more units than the PS4 did on the same timeframe.

 

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/450233/ps5-vs-ps4-sales-comparison-july-2021/

 

Series X/S no matter what MS do aren't a PS5.

 

If however you just want a FIFA/CoD box.... Perhaps some (Series S machines as strangely they do seem easy to source) might end up as Xmas pressies. I think actually the fact that Sony don't have any exclusives of note yet Series S may make a good stopgap until the Sony exclusives start flowing.

 

Anyhow guess this needs to go into another topic!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SeanR said:


 


my emphasis 

 

My emphasis was specifically on the Series S - which is the only next-gen machine you can buy easily. Whether or not that's going to be the situation the nearer to christmas is another matter altogether of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MattyP said:

:) Indeed and I wasn't implying that MS do of course. :D


I know you’re currently in the phase of the moon that means you’re persuading yourself to sell your PS5 and buy an Xbox, but the PS5 has had some exclusives of note, don’t be silly now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:


I know you’re currently in the phase of the moon that means you’re persuading yourself to sell your PS5 and buy an Xbox, but the PS5 has had some exclusives of note, don’t be silly now.

 

I think if the man wants to sell his PS5 to a really lovely person like me, then it should be applauded and encouraged. Well, as long as its a digital one of course. Because as ugly as that version is, the disk version is immeasurably worse ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

 

I think if the man wants to sell his PS5 to a really lovely person like me, then it should be applauded and encouraged. Well, as long as its a digital one of course. Because as ugly as that version is, the disk version is immeasurably worse ;)


Er yes sorry, what I actually meant to say was it sux and has no games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SeanR said:


 


my emphasis 

 

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

Global tech issue though.... Any form of tech has been and continues to be a nightmare to source....

 

Thing is Xbox Series S seem to be much easier to get a hold of.   I was in game to pick mine up and there was q behind me with some obvious groups of scalpers in to pick up the PS5. They were selling about equally but ran out of Ps5's 10 customers in so they're clearly getting more Series S in. The chips aren't that far off what's in an Series X but less cores I think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rafaqat said:

 

 

Thing is Xbox Series S seem to be much easier to get a hold of.   I was in game to pick mine up and there was q behind me with some obvious groups of scalpers in to pick up the PS5. They were selling about equally but ran out of Ps5's 10 customers in so they're clearly getting more Series S in. The chips aren't that far off what's in an Series X but less cores I think?

 

Going by what I'm seeing on stock alerts, Xbox Series X is the hardest to get a hold of. Then the PS5, then the Xbox Series S.

 

Microsoft have two different chips to produce, and they've obviously been using Series X chips to upgrade their cloud gaming infrastructure as well. It would probably be fine in normal times, but I can't imagine that it's doing them any favours just now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we still in the phase where retailers are getting regular restocks but they all immediately sell out?  I'm just waiting until that's no longer the case but it's seems that it'll be sometime in early 2022 before you can just buy one normally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Are we still in the phase where retailers are getting regular restocks but they all immediately sell out?  I'm just waiting until that's no longer the case but it's seems that it'll be sometime in early 2022 before you can just buy one normally.

They'll be a huge run upto Xmas and hopefully things as you mention will calm down first quarter next year. Although these are strange times....

 

I think a lot of people are just buying as many as they can when they see them so the only stock is with the scalpers.

 

The demand has to ease off at some point surely. :) There must only so many people that want a £450 games console.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.