PlayStation 5 stock alerts

Pob

1 hour ago, Jarik said:

Are we still in the phase where retailers are getting regular restocks but they all immediately sell out?  I'm just waiting until that's no longer the case but it's seems that it'll be sometime in early 2022 before you can just buy one normally.

Pretty much. I managed to get one from Game the other day for my nephew's Christmas present, but it involved using a stock checker app and immediately going to the Game site upon receiving the notification. The Game site stuck me in a queue for about an hour, so I wasn't expecting to get one, but when my turn came along there were still bundles available. Of course, being Game, I couldn't just get a console on its own. The cheapest disc version they did was with a game and extra controller, but that was still available even after an hour's queueing, so I count myself lucky there.

We're definitely still ages away from being able to just buy one. Unless you're willing to pay over the odds from scalpers, of course, but fuck them.

Just now, Graham said:

If anyone is still looking to pickup a PS5 I’ve just received a Currys PS5 VIP code. Valid for use until 19th October. First person to ask via PM can have the code

I’ve just had one too, so same offer from me 🙂

10 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

I have a Curry’s code for a disc system if anyone would wants it? Sorry, at work so no idea of the etiquette here.

You should probably check with your line manager then, just so you don't get in trouble 😛

I also got a VIP code through today valid until the 19th, although mine only seems to be valid for bundles:

PlayStation 5 Disc Edition with additional DualSense Wireless Controller in white, black or red £499

PlayStation 5 Disc Edition with Ratchet and Clank £499

PlayStation 5 Disc Edition with PULSE 3D Wireless Headset £529

PlayStation 5 Disc Edition with Spider-Man: Miles Morales £489

PlayStation 5 Disc Edition with Demon’s Souls £499

PM me if you want it.

Edit:  

How to redeem

Find your nearest store with our store locator.

Pop along to the store no later than 19th October with your PS5 VIP code to select your bundle and purchase in store. Bundle availability is limited so please come as soon as you can to secure your first choice.

We’ll let you know when your new PS5 bundle has been delivered to the store. Just pop by to collect. Game on!

Looks like you have to redeem it in-store as well.

Right then, so after doing some thorough investigation and coming up with the woeful news that only the disc versions are up for pre-order at Currys, lovely @Graham's VIP code he generously donated is now not going to be used by me, and is up for grabs for someone who will appreciate the dubious curves of the console and wants a fully buxom PS5!

PM me if you want it, and I'll happily forward through the details :) 

I picked one up over the summer from Smyth’s. Worth dropping in and asking if they have a pre-order list, which is what I did. It was £20 deposit, with that taken off the final purchase. Wait was around three weeks from signing up to stock arriving.

The chap behind the till said they were doing in store only sales with a proportion of stock, hopefully that’s still the case and some on here will be able to get themselves a PS5 :)

8 hours ago, deKay said:

What the fuck is this shit, why do Sony keep ignoring their home market? Looks like the only chance I will have is to get one imported from Amazon UK when they restock, or use a shipping service from the USA. Really starting to get annoyed now, after ignoring the situation for best part of a year.

Rant aside, is there any reason I shouldn’t be looking at importing from the UK? I bought my PSVR from Amazon UK when those were also readily available there but not in Japan, but that’s a slightly different kettle of fish.

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, the short and damning version of the above is, in Japan, despite everything, the PS3 outsold the PS4.

Lets face it PS brand is pretty much American these days even the HQ is over there now.

Think they started loosing the Japanese after the PS2 and the stupidly high price (and size) of the PS3. Their "home" market is the US now really - well at least the most important one for PlayStation is.

Arguably though the whole PlayStation brand is really more Western than anything. Lots of key people who got involved in the formative years of the PlayStation were Western and defined it what it is really.

Sorry, just a reminder that if anyone does want the Curries VIP code, you've got until 19th October to sort it out :) . I almost gave into temptation, but quite honestly after confirmation from Curries that there are just no Digital ones anywhere for them at the moment (and they don't have any etas), I was everso good and didn't fall. 

5 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Sorry, just a reminder that if anyone does want the Curries VIP code, you've got until 19th October to sort it out :) . I almost gave into temptation, but quite honestly after confirmation from Curries that there are just no Digital ones anywhere for them at the moment (and they don't have any etas), I was everso good and didn't fall. 

Has anyone still got a spare code? Not sure how I use it mind, can you get one delivered or is it in store only? 

17 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Has anyone still got a spare code? Not sure how I use it mind, can you get one delivered or is it in store only? 

Yes, my one!

Instore only though for buying.

4 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Yes, my one!

Instore only though for buying.

Thank you, I don’t know about in-store pick up though, can you choose the store, and do you pay in advance or at the store? Sorry for all the questions! 

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thank you, I don’t know about in-store pick up though, can you choose the store, and do you pay in advance or at the store? Sorry for all the questions! 

No worries. I think you just hAve to pop in to your local store and go through the motions. I think it’s effectively a preorder though, so no idea how long it takes to actually get it.

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

No worries. I think you just hAve to pop in to your local store and go through the motions. I think it’s effectively a preorder though, so no idea how long it takes to actually get it.

Right I’m with you, so you don’t actually pick one up there and then just preorder it? 

Just now, Stanley said:

Right I’m with you, so you don’t actually pick one up there and then just preorder it? 

Yes you get a code and head to the store and then they deliver it the store at a later date for you. Not sure how long it takes though between getting the code and actually playing on the console! :) 

Gone. 

I’ve got TWO Currys in-store pre-order codes going spare…

hit me up if you want one.

Spoiler

How to redeem 

Find your nearest store with our store locator. 

Pop along to the store no later than 19th October with your PS5 VIP code to select your bundle and purchase in store. Bundle availability is limited so please come as soon as you can to secure your first choice. 

We’ll let you know when your new PS5 bundle has been delivered to the store. Just pop by to collect.

Edited by SeanR
Gone