Playstation 5 hardware impressions

On 21/11/2020 at 08:25, Nathan Wind said:

Mine made that noise for about 30 seconds and hasn’t done it since. I expect the mainboard is now covered in a thousand tiny pieces of sticky label.

I see you've decided to one up the Ry Xbox dousing method.

Anyone finding the ps5 controller a little uncomfortable? There is something about the grip which just doesn't sit right with me. Getting my thumb's over the stick means putting pressure on the sides of the controller which makes my hands ache after a prolonged period. Switching to an Xbox one controller instantly feels better tailored to my hands despite looking fairly similar. 

I dont have especially big hands but after a few days I am definitely noticing some discomfort

19 minutes ago, tobert said:

Anyone finding the ps5 controller a little uncomfortable? There is something about the grip which just doesn't sit right with me. Getting my thumb's over the stick means putting pressure on the sides of the controller which makes my hands ache after a prolonged period. Switching to an Xbox one controller instantly feels better tailored to my hands despite looking fairly similar. 

I dont have especially big hands but after a few days I am definitely noticing some discomfort

Yes, I'm finding it a bit too big and bulky.

It doesn't sit in my hands as perfectly as the DS4 does, sticks and L1/R1 aren't as well placed or comfortable. It's also pretty solid and heavier which I don't think helps, especially if I'm holding it tighter.

My hands do ache after using it, tech side is great but comfort wise it's a disappointment.

Also does anyone else's rattle under strong vibration? I think it's the buttons moving in position, just played a bit of Borderlands 3 and it's quite loud and not really what you want to hear.

10 hours ago, tobert said:

You’ve lost your touch Tobes. Aching hands would never have occurred back in the day. You need to play even more to get used to it. 

10 hours ago, tobert said:

I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable, I just don't find it quite as comfortable as the Xbox controller. As you say, I think it's the grips. On the Dualsense they're longer and angled a little more vertically. On the Xbox controller they're a bit more bulbous and rounded and angled a little more horizontally. The latter just seems to sink into my grip a bit more seamlessly than the former.

24 minutes ago, Majora said:

I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable, I just don't find it quite as comfortable as the Xbox controller. As you say, I think it's the grips. On the Dualsense they're longer and angled a little more vertically. On the Xbox controller they're a bit more bulbous and rounded and angled a little more horizontally. The latter just seems to sink into my grip a bit more seamlessly than the former.

Exactly this, the grips on the xbox controller fit my hand better, on the PS5 all the pressure is located on a smaller part of my hand.