IGNORED

PlayStation 5 Backwards Compatible Testing

Cyhwuhx

6 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

• Ghost of Tsushima - Holy mother of Amaterasu! This is insane. After DeS you'll notice the models being 'a bit last-gen' but apart from that, it's silky.

I waited to start playing this on the PS5 & it is stunnigly beautiful.

31 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Some PS4 BC experiences:

• Ghost of Tsushima - Holy mother of Amaterasu! This is insane. After DeS you'll notice the models being 'a bit last-gen' but apart from that, it's silky.
  • Earth Defence Force 4.1 - Unnatural, it shouldn't run like this. Just shouldn't.
  • Samurai Warriors 4 - See EDF.
  • Bloodstained - This game now runs as envisioned. Stable framerate, HUGE cut to loading times. It runs like the blown up GBA game it always wanted to be.
  • WipEout Omega Collection - No changes to the framerate here, but the upscaling makes the dynamic res look smooth, giving you a better sense of what you see when the blurring kicks in. All-round better sense of control because of it.
  • Samurai Shodown - Nothing will get rid of these loading times. Not even the PS5. :(

Will test more later.

We need a separate thread for this like the XB one, I was going to start it but I am waiting for an external drive to arrive before I move and test PS4 games, I don't mind starting it but this post seems the best one so far so can we use this as the OP?

1 hour ago, Minion said:

We need a separate thread for this like the XB one, I was going to start it but I am waiting for an external drive to arrive before I move and test PS4 games, I don't mind starting it but this post seems the best one so far so can we use this as the OP?

Done! @Cyhwuhx you can amend thread title. I have also added link in the opening post.

Apex Legends - no noticeable improvement to resolution or frame rate, slightly improved loading times but it’s mostly network loading which hasn’t changed anyway. Big improvement with 3D audio over Pulse headset. You can now hear when enemies are above/below you much more clearly and the volume drop off over distance is greatly improved.

2 minutes ago, LiMuBai said:

Apex Legends - no noticeable improvement to resolution or frame rate

Wow seriously? That's bad as it stuttered like mad anyway I was actually tempted to reinstall if it had become smoother, I shan't bother now, thanks.

51 minutes ago, Minion said:

Wow seriously? That's bad as it stuttered like mad anyway I was actually tempted to reinstall if it had become smoother, I shan't bother now, thanks.

They’re making a PS5 specific version apparently, but no release date as yet IIRC.

Fallout 4 - the framerate looks like its locked at 30FPS now from what I can see, even when it gets busy on screen. More importantly though, load times are vastly improved when loading from the SSD. I haven't had a stopwatch out, but I'd say it's probably reduced by 50% or more.

I'm at level 22 and as the game goes on you spend a lot of time fast travelling across the map, as well as transitioning between indoor and outdoor locations. It was getting pretty tiresome on PS4 staring at loading screens. This improvement makes the game so much more playable. It's great!

Shenmue III runs at a locked 60fps with fast load times. The fake HDR looks amazing, especially nighttime with all the neon lighting up the shops and arcades. 

Yakuza 6 still capped at 30fps but loads take around 15 seconds where it could have been up to a minute before. Again the HDR really makes the neon lights stand out. 

Streets of Rage 4 is the same as on PS4, ditto Sonic Mania.

Going to try Deus Ex over the weekend 

I've heard rumours that some of the Assassin's Creed games don't play nice. Syndicate has massive issues with global lighting doing a weird strobing thing which is a pity. Anyone tried the 2D trilogy? (China, India, Russia?) I've started playing through them on the PS 4 given I heard they may not run on the 5 but I'm not sure how much of a loss that will be as long as Mark of the Ninja works.

7 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

Long shot, but anyone have Darius Cozmic Collection (Arcade) to try? It’s on the ‘May not play nice’ list, which is a shame as it’s one of my fave shmups on the PS4.

Is that different to Darius Chronicle Saviours? I've got that and it's booted and played okay on my PS5.

So... Are people just playing PS4 games from an external, I have been, just wondering if you need to put on the 5 to get any improvements (days gone for example). 

I have tried GTAV from an SSD, they haven't released any improvements yet, but from my drive, after you get by the non skippable bits when it's loading, hits 10% and yer in.