Jump to content

PlayStation 5 Backwards Compatible Testing


Recommended Posts

Just tried Apex Legends. The bit in the dropship with the view of the whole map at the start of each game always was a bit stuttery on a PS4 Pro, not anymore though. Silky smooth 60 fps now. Only played for a few minutes but I encountered zero drops in the framerate otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Horizon : Zero Dawn - Looks exactly the same as running the game on PS4 Pro. Hits 30 fps and stays there in Resolution mode. 

Saints Row the Third Remastered - This has an "unlock framerate" mode, and now on PS5 it's a perfect unwavering 60 fps. Before on the PS4 Pro, this mode super choppy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumb question here... with PS4 games with Pro upgrades, do I need to activate them in any way when playing on the PS5? I'm replaying Uncharted 4 and not certain if it's running at the higher resolution. I'm assuming it's automatic but just wanted to check!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hewson said:

Dumb question here... with PS4 games with Pro upgrades, do I need to activate them in any way when playing on the PS5? I'm replaying Uncharted 4 and not certain if it's running at the higher resolution. I'm assuming it's automatic but just wanted to check!

 

You don't have to activate the Pro upgrade, but sometimes you will have to choose between resolution (usually at 30fps) and frame rate (usually at 1080p).

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

 

You don't have to activate the Pro upgrade, but sometimes you will have to choose between resolution (usually at 30fps) and frame rate (usually at 1080p).

Thanks for that! Assumed that was the case just wasn't certain!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Psvr looks amazing on this. I know using it on the pro gave the visuals a slight upgrade but not having used a pro I can’t compared but now it’s really sharp. The screen door effect is reduced a lot and it looks much more like looking at a tv screen that through low resolution goggles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 08:57, Count Buffalos said:


Is that your impression of increased lag or is it something others are talking about too?

I’ve tried this again.  Seems fine actually - to recap then, no difference in input lag during M2 shmups on PS5 vs on PS4.  Have edited original post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Control

Loading times are definitely improved, PS4 was very slow. PS5 is better (if not truly next-gen worthy).

 

Frame rate seems to be a constant 30 fps with no drops. PS4 version suffered from slow down when in a big scrap with lots going on but I've seen nothing like that on PS5.

 

Can't comment on resolution as I'm playing it on a 720P plasma. Yes, I'm playing my PS5 on a 720P telly.

Currently lusting after the LG 55CX but can't quite summon the willpower to press Buy Now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Anyone played PS4 non-remastered Spiderman on the PS5? Any improvements?

 

Was going to get the re-master with Miles Morales but with 50+ hours ploughed into the PS4 version, fuck that.

 

Not that I have a PS5 yet.

 

I haven't played the PS4 one on the PS5, but I'd assume it's essentially the same - it was a decent performer and looker on the PS4. You'd get the Pro version on the PS5 effectively, so that would go to faux 4K and have HDR which the base PS4 might not have.

 

With the comments about the 50+ hours, are you unaware that they have now put in a save transfer function? So you wouldn't lose your PS4 effort.

 

But yeah, you could get the PS4 Miles now, have a free upgrade to PS5 Miles when you get one, then decide later if you want to pay the extra £20 for Remaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

 

I haven't played the PS4 one on the PS5, but I'd assume it's essentially the same - it was a decent performer and looker on the PS4. You'd get the Pro version on the PS5 effectively, so that would go to faux 4K and have HDR which the base PS4 might not have.

 

With the comments about the 50+ hours, are you unaware that they have now put in a save transfer function? So you wouldn't lose your PS4 effort.

 

But yeah, you could get the PS4 Miles now, have a free upgrade to PS5 Miles when you get one, then decide later if you want to pay the extra £20 for Remaster.

Base PS4 has HDR. Spider-Man looks glorious on it. 

Finally finished the DLC the other day. Might save NG+ for a PS5 playthrough (when I finally get one).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest, has anyone tried Soul Calibur... 6(? whichever one's the latest one) in BC? That was a game utterly ruined by its catastrophic load times (near 1 minute per match on Xbox, which is what I had the misfortune to own it on), but I'd happily pick it up again if that's significantly improved on next-gen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.