Jump to content

Everdrive.me Black Friday


Colonel Panic
 Share

Recommended Posts

I really reccomend the Mega Everdrive Pro, it'll be great value with 20% off. You can then enjoy all of the amazing grainy early 90's FMV that the Mega CD provides without needing an actual Mega CD.

 

Behold this low quality video I just prepared on my iPhone (and I know my TV looks like its on the piss here, I assure you it isn't) so you can see it in all its glory

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like SMS Save States work on the Everdrive Pro with the Mega SG as of a recent firmware update, so I'm buying. Mega CD support? Meh, I just want to be able to finish Wonder Boy in Monster Land without getting beaten by that fucking lift section on the last level.

 

If anyone's in the market for a Mega Everdrive X7, I will shortly have one for sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Can't speak to their normal speed, but I also ordered from them during the sale (albeit an Everdrive Pro); it was marked as Shipped back on the second for me, though has yet to arrive. Has a tracking number and definitely got despatched, though; the last tracking update was from Kiev, on the fifth - not too surprised it's taking a while, given COVID plus near-Christmas delivery issues. Expected delivery date is between 19th and 28th, so a bit of a wait yet!

 

Do you not even have a tracking number when you log into your account?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat with a GB X7. Have to say that it's an incredibly badly executed payment flow- PayPal tried to invoice me for two items and when I cancelled out of the PP modal, it placed two unpaid orders that I had to have cancelled via email as I couldn't do anything from my account. In a way it's a relief that other people are experiencing delays or I'd be sure that my order had slipped through the cracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/11/2020 at 21:14, Nick_L said:

I really reccomend the Mega Everdrive Pro, it'll be great value with 20% off. You can then enjoy all of the amazing grainy early 90's FMV that the Mega CD provides without needing an actual Mega CD.

 

Behold this low quality video I just prepared on my iPhone (and I know my TV looks like its on the piss here, I assure you it isn't) so you can see it in all its glory

 

 

Does it support save states? Can't see on the website if it does. Also it plays nes ROMs!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bplus said:

Does it support save states? Can't see on the website if it does. Also it plays nes ROMs!?

Yup, for both MD and SMS games. MD save states are a bit hit and miss though, as it can’t capture the state of what’s in the Z80, only what’s in the 68k - this usually means music will be weird/missing after a reload, but for some games it means the save state doesn’t work at all. The music problems are usually fixed either by pausing/unpausing the game, or finishing the level etc.

 

The NES ROM thing is a gimmick, implementing a basic NES core in the on-cart FPGA then using the MDs video/audio output. It’s got crap compatibility compared to a proper FPGA NES, and I can’t see improving it being one of Krikzz priorities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

Yup, for both MD and SMS games. MD save states are a bit hit and miss though, as it can’t capture the state of what’s in the Z80, only what’s in the 68k - this usually means music will be weird/missing after a reload, but for some games it means the save state doesn’t work at all. The music problems are usually fixed either by pausing/unpausing the game, or finishing the level etc.

 

The NES ROM thing is a gimmick, implementing a basic NES core in the on-cart FPGA then using the MDs video/audio output. It’s got crap compatibility compared to a proper FPGA NES, and I can’t see improving it being one of Krikzz priorities. 

Thanks for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

All good, normally - I don't mind a wait from a smaller trader. It's just with Brexit looming I'm sweating about additional charges post Xmas. I should educate myself either way, really. 

 

I'm worrying for the same reason although my package left the Ukraine on the 5th, which would seem like plenty of time before Xmas, its still not showing up on the royal mail tracker. I'm also meant to be moving house in 5 days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it helps for working out how long to expect to wait, here's my tracking:

Ordered: Tuesday 24th November (as soon as sale prices went live)

Sent: 26th

Left Ukraine: 28th

Arrived in UK: 9th

Delivered: 14th December

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't doubt it, I think he's just overwhelmed! The difference between the order numbers from the site malfunction and the order that finally went through was about 200 and they're definitely incremented by 1 each time... and those were just a few hours apart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.