Everdrive.me Black Friday

Colonel Panic

Oh well.

I tried calling Royal Mail to find out where it is but they cut me off after keeping me on hold for half an hour. Had to get my wife to badger them on Twitter before they revealed that its been sitting in our sorting office since the 31st. They claim they attempted delivery but obviously they didn't- no card through the door, not a peep.

Arranged a redelivery for Friday but I'll be surprised if it actually turns up. I know RM are under pressure but our sorting office also has a reputation for parcels going "missing", so fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

I love everdrives, the basically open up the potential of original hardware. 

You get all the accuracy of using real hardware and no emulation, along with all the software easily accessible and all the benefits of Rom-hacks. 

They're revelatory, and I love them.  

• 8 months later...

I'm waiting for black Friday sale 2021 to join in with everdrive-just looking at prices over the pandemic for retro games pushed me to everdrive + RetroTink5x (I can wait till there is better stock in 2022/beyond before I buy it).

Will be nice using real hardware - which I have - but was tempted by a Mister.

Mega everdrive pro here I come!

I’ve bought both an FXPack Pro and a Mega Everdrive Pro over the last month or so for my Analogue Super NT and Mega SG consoles. 

Absolutely love them both and can’t recommend them highly enough. They work absolutely perfectly with every game I’ve tried and able to play Mega CD games from a cartridge is the cherry on the top. 

Not cheap but them combined with the Analogue machines are the definitely the best gaming items I’ve bought in a long time. 

4 hours ago, FatOldGeek said:

I’ve bought both an FXPack Pro and a Mega Everdrive Pro over the last month or so for my Analogue Super NT and Mega SG consoles. 

Absolutely love them both and can’t recommend them highly enough. They work absolutely perfectly with every game I’ve tried and able to play Mega CD games from a cartridge is the cherry on the top. 

Not cheap but them combined with the Analogue machines are the definitely the best gaming items I’ve bought in a long time. 

Did you get stung for charges when the parcels came into the country?

8 minutes ago, jonnyalpha said:

Did you get stung for charges when the parcels came into the country?

If you mean the FXPack Pro and Mega Everdrive Pro, I ordered them both from www.retrotowers.co.uk who are the official supplier for Krikzz stuff in the UK.  Free next day delivery and no charges obviously. 

If you mean the Analogue consoles then yeah. Both came together and got stung for an extra £60 by Fed Ex. 

57 minutes ago, SimonG said:

I’ve asked RGT just today about availability of the MegaEverDrive Pro and they told me early 2022 for stock :( 

Darn, thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll move onto a snes or n64 everdrive first. 

Even though I have a MiSTer now I miss my Turbo Everdrive v2.5. It was such a nice bit of kit that I instantly fell in love with the moment I got my hands on it. I'm still tempted to get one for my SFC while carrying out all the video enhancements to the console, despite the fact it'll probably never output video as fine as the MiSTer does.

22 hours ago, FatOldGeek said:

If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying the SA-1 chip hacks of Gradius 3 and Super R-Type. Gradius 3 in particular, is transformed!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

Yeah, Brexit sealed the deal on Things slipping through. 

Don't worry about it. For 2021 the EU also slapped compulsory customs duty and handling charges on absolutely all packages from outside irrespective of their value. Their reason being that they want to promote and maintain better trade within the member states. Everything instantly became 20% more expensive and now takes several more days (sometimes weeks, if ever) to arrive. As a result I now have to think really long and hard about buying anything from the US, UK, Japan, or China. My MiSTer components would have cost me a sickeningly unreasonable amount on extra charges if the merchant didn't mark everything down. Ebay UK is now prohibitively expensive unless I want to store things at my mum's until I visit.

At least with these Black Friday deals I can think about a GBA Everdrive at slightly above normal price.

The Ukraine is not part of the EU. In addition to this, I believe that there is a free trade deal now in place between the UK & Ukraine. This should mean that anyone who orders an Everdrive from Krikzz won't have to pay any import duties.

I'm thinking of getting myself an N64 Everdrive but I haven't fully convinced myself yet!

14 minutes ago, shiffy said:

I'm thinking of getting myself an N64 Everdrive but I haven't fully convinced myself yet!

I was interested in one too, but I need a European dealer first. I don't ever want to have to deal with the third-party agency that handles customs for the Netherlands ever again. My mum kindly, yet somewhat foolishly, sent my son a Switch copy of The Wonderful 101 as a surprise for his birthday and it's been stuck there for over three months now. I simply cannot be arsed chasing it up after the fuckery I've been through with them before.

22 hours ago, Fallows said:

Don't worry about it. For 2021 the EU also slapped compulsory customs duty and handling charges on absolutely all packages from outside irrespective of their value. Their reason being that they want to promote and maintain better trade within the member states. Everything instantly became 20% more expensive and now takes several more days (sometimes weeks, if ever) to arrive. As a result I now have to think really long and hard about buying anything from the US, UK, Japan, or China. My MiSTer components would have cost me a sickeningly unreasonable amount on extra charges if the merchant didn't mark everything down. Ebay UK is now prohibitively expensive unless I want to store things at my mum's until I visit.

At least with these Black Friday deals I can think about a GBA Everdrive at slightly above normal price.

The UK did the same on stuff from anywhere outside the UK, apparently on anything costing £135 or less. Though from what I see most outlets just slap an extra 20% on the purchase price regardless of how much it costs (or to circumvent that they don't take orders on anything costing less than £135).

It does mean if things cost £135 or less there's no tax to pay, as you've - theoretically, with that added 20% - already paid it.