Jump to content

Turn your Xbox Series S, X or Xbox One into a fantastic emulation machine.


dumpster
 Share

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

Good thinking! When you say the PSP version of the game, is that just an eboot version of the game? Although the best part of Duckstation wasn’t just the upscaling, but how it sorted out the wonky geometry 

Search on PSX2PSP.  There's a windows app of that name that rips a psx disk and turns it into a PSP eboot. You can do this yourself, or find the game already converted online. But the PSP emulator has some good graphics upscaler options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The gam3r repo has the Zelda 3 port up.  It involves a bit of extracting from a ROM or googleing for zelda3_assets.dat. 

 

 there's a sweet .ini file I can share that makes it widescreen and removes the health warning beep. It looks pretty sweet. 

Screenshot_20221029-224158~2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

It took me long enough to try Burnout 2 on the XBSX2 emulator but I was inspired by playing the 360 version of Burnout Revenge.  Fully Back Compatible, BR is still fantastic looking and was already 60fps etc. However, I do strongly believe that the Burnout series got worse as they went towards takedowns and crashes - I thought the original was great, then the sequel improved on the original dramatically.  But anyway, having said all that I'm blown away by how great Burnout Revenge looks on Series X via the XBSX2 emulator.  It's crazy but the Playstation 2 game running on an emulator that upscales the graphics, looks so similar to the 360 version.  It's a very similar experience, boosted by the fact that both games always ran at 60fps.  

 

So why didn't I play Burnout 2 until tonight?  Well I still have my OG Xbox and the Xbox version was the best (I think).  But fucking hell, Burnout 2 on the Playstation 2, running on an Xbox Series looks really clear, sharp, you can see further somehow.  Cars further in the distance.  Its amazing to me and cements my decision that the Xbox Series consoles are the best thing ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, dumpster said:

@papalazarou I'm assuming the OP is now out of date, I've not needed to check as I have all the emulators already installed.  If you wanted to write out the best way to start from scratch I'd be happy to copy it into the OP of this thread.  I saw Gamr13's app doesn't have the emulators any more.

 

gamr13 is playing a cat and mouse game with Microsoft. His uploads to the MS app store get nuked about 5 hours after being uploaded by him. 

 

People have to join the discord and jump on the links when he releases them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barnard said:

 

gamr13 is playing a cat and mouse game with Microsoft. His uploads to the MS app store get nuked about 5 hours after being uploaded by him. 

 

People have to join the discord and jump on the links when he releases them. 

I see, so the process hasn't changed, you just need to be on the discord to  get the links which will die shortly after.... Thanks for that.  I hope Microsoft leave the guy alone, he's making their console a must buy item.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/11/2022 at 21:28, dumpster said:

It took me long enough to try Burnout 2 on the XBSX2 emulator but I was inspired by playing the 360 version of Burnout Revenge.  Fully Back Compatible, BR is still fantastic looking and was already 60fps etc. However, I do strongly believe that the Burnout series got worse as they went towards takedowns and crashes - I thought the original was great, then the sequel improved on the original dramatically.  But anyway, having said all that I'm blown away by how great Burnout Revenge looks on Series X via the XBSX2 emulator.  It's crazy but the Playstation 2 game running on an emulator that upscales the graphics, looks so similar to the 360 version.  It's a very similar experience, boosted by the fact that both games always ran at 60fps.  

 

So why didn't I play Burnout 2 until tonight?  Well I still have my OG Xbox and the Xbox version was the best (I think).  But fucking hell, Burnout 2 on the Playstation 2, running on an Xbox Series looks really clear, sharp, you can see further somehow.  Cars further in the distance.  Its amazing to me and cements my decision that the Xbox Series consoles are the best thing ever.

BR one and two were brilliant. I thought 3 was a travesty full of EA nonsense. I left it back to the shop and never played burnout again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuine question, I've got a pc under my telly that I use for emulation. It plays everything up to PS2 GameCube etcm it's got a Nvidia 1050ti so no 4k but that isn't end of world for me. Is there any advantage to having a series X ?

I don't really play new games anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bplus said:

Genuine question, I've got a pc under my telly that I use for emulation. It plays everything up to PS2 GameCube etcm it's got a Nvidia 1050ti so no 4k but that isn't end of world for me. Is there any advantage to having a series X ?

I don't really play new games anymore.

Possibly not beneficial other than the ease of use, size of box, nice controller.... But the PC emulation is probably on par with the Xbox.  Depends on the spec of the PC I guess.  I like having one easy box with all the Xbox stuff and then the emulators as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nakamura said:

So is PS2 emulation truly good quality on Xbox now? That would make me get one soon.

 

And do the ps1 emulators have the geometry fixes?

Yes, PS1 is amazing with duckstation.  Geometry fixes etc all as standard.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dumpster said:

Yes, PS1 is amazing with duckstation.  Geometry fixes etc all as standard.  

I've been using Duckstation on my laptop and it's amazing. It's not a super powerful laptop mind. Only issue I have is slight audio lag. Do you know if this happens on Xbox?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, nakamura said:

I've been using Duckstation on my laptop and it's amazing. It's not a super powerful laptop mind. Only issue I have is slight audio lag. Do you know if this happens on Xbox?

No audio lag on my pc either. Never been an issue in any of the ps1 emus I've tried over the years. Though maybe I just don't notice :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently "the links" will be updated tomorrow so I'm hoping to reinstall everything, cos I haven't done it for so long and it doesn't seem to work now (D: drive with my ROMS on can't be seen. I hope they're not all lost!) and always good to have the latest stuff.

 

Shame that XBSX2 (PS2 emulator) and Duckstation (PS1 emulator) are no longer included, but I guess whatever is included is still pretty good.

 

Also joined the guys Patreon cos the work he does is tremendous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Apparently "the links" will be updated tomorrow

Yep.

 

Spoiler

<@&1010909486589935647> 
=== Utilities ====
DurangoFTP: https://tinyurl.com/2mf95p7z
RetroPass: **__Might come later. Issues with uploading__** 

=== Emulators ===
RetroArch: https://tinyurl.com/3y28p3ee
XBSX2: https://tinyurl.com/ypcetnr8
Flycast: https://tinyurl.com/fh4x4s2d
Dolphin: https://tinyurl.com/mr469caf   (UPDATED!!! -- GUI when you press in the two analog sticks [L3 + R3]) 
PPSSPP: https://tinyurl.com/53tfft9a

=== Game Ports ===
Cave Story: https://tinyurl.com/3nhykh82
Jazz2 Resurrection: https://tinyurl.com/2c2mw5r5
Relic Hunters Zero: https://tinyurl.com/mry3zd3n
Sonic 1 SMS Remake: https://tinyurl.com/3tap7rz2
Sonic 2 SMS Remake: https://tinyurl.com/5u39ampz
Sonic Mania: https://tinyurl.com/ypw8wrzc

=== Media ===
Kodi Matrix: https://tinyurl.com/nnmzcyt6
Kodi Nexus: https://tinyurl.com/3kmxjdra

**__BLANK STORE PAGE?__**
- Wait an hour and try again.

***Remember to __OPEN THE APPS__ immediately after downloading!!***
Apps are expected to go down at 2AM GMT either tonight or after 3 days.


Definitelynworth grabbing at least XBSX2, dolphin and Flycast if you’ve any interest in ever emulating PS2, Dreamcast or GameCube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Yep.

 

  Hide contents

<@&1010909486589935647> 
=== Utilities ====
DurangoFTP: https://tinyurl.com/2mf95p7z
RetroPass: **__Might come later. Issues with uploading__** 

=== Emulators ===
RetroArch: https://tinyurl.com/3y28p3ee
XBSX2: https://tinyurl.com/ypcetnr8
Flycast: https://tinyurl.com/fh4x4s2d
Dolphin: https://tinyurl.com/mr469caf   (UPDATED!!! -- GUI when you press in the two analog sticks [L3 + R3]) 
PPSSPP: https://tinyurl.com/53tfft9a

=== Game Ports ===
Cave Story: https://tinyurl.com/3nhykh82
Jazz2 Resurrection: https://tinyurl.com/2c2mw5r5
Relic Hunters Zero: https://tinyurl.com/mry3zd3n
Sonic 1 SMS Remake: https://tinyurl.com/3tap7rz2
Sonic 2 SMS Remake: https://tinyurl.com/5u39ampz
Sonic Mania: https://tinyurl.com/ypw8wrzc

=== Media ===
Kodi Matrix: https://tinyurl.com/nnmzcyt6
Kodi Nexus: https://tinyurl.com/3kmxjdra

**__BLANK STORE PAGE?__**
- Wait an hour and try again.

***Remember to __OPEN THE APPS__ immediately after downloading!!***
Apps are expected to go down at 2AM GMT either tonight or after 3 days.


Definitelynworth grabbing at least XBSX2, dolphin and Flycast if you’ve any interest in ever emulating PS2, Dreamcast or GameCube.

If I have them from months ago should I delete and get these ones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, carlospie said:

If I have them from months ago should I delete and get these ones?

When you install the new apps they do not work like an update. You end up with two identical apps.  However they change the name slightly each time.  Make a note of the names. Download the new one.  Test it. If it works, feel free to uninstall the old one.

 

Last night those links did not work for me.  I'd have been gutted to wipe the old ones off then not be able to download the new ones.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know how to get the dolphin GameCube one to actually play games? I have it on my internal HDD but when I try play any game it's just a blank screen. Does the game also need to be on the HDD? Is there an easy way to send games straight from my laptop to my Xbox?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.