Which Next Gen console did you buy?

Which Next Gen console did you buy?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Series X and PS5. 

PS5 is gone now though. Although I will buy another when Sony sort their shit out. And for all the praise for the controller, its still a piece of shit compared to Switch Pro and xbox controllers in regards to comfort. 

SX for me. Although the lack of Halo or another big exclusive is disappointing I am happy with it, super fast and quiet and I have plenty of existing stuff to play. Will pick up a PS5 down the line for exclusives.

I really went into last gen blindly at the time and I remember the absolute shit show the Xbox One folder became as the "PS4 owners" kept trolling us poor XB1 early adopters.

Feels a lot different this time around. MS have changed the narrative slightly, enough to sway more people it seems. Out of interest was there a forum poll on last gen purchase decisions ever made, I dont remember one?

Series X and PS5

I’ve put over 100 hours into Monster Hunter World since the Series X was released so the only love the PS5 has got so far is the Daughter playing Astrobot. I get paid tomorrow so the plan is to pay for a years PS+ to enable to play the PS4 games I missed last gen, as well as purchasing FF7 Remake & Horizon,

No regrets here :)

5 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I really thought this place had taken the XSX to heart, I'm surprised the PS5 is currently slightly in the lead....

I don't believe that I'm the only one to buy a console and a graphics card (admittedly the console was because I didn't think the graphics card would actually turn up for most of october).

32 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I really thought this place had taken the XSX to heart, I'm surprised the PS5 is currently slightly in the lead....

It's already switched. Think it's largely neck and neck and probably as much down to supply constraints. 

I had a base One last gen, hated how sluggish it was and switched to ps4, rarely using my one even with gamepass. Now back to SX and absolutely love it. Loads of stuff to play that looks and runs so much better and the system is much more enjoyable to play games on. 

2 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's already switched. Think it's largely neck and neck and probably as much down to supply constraints. 

I had a base One last gen, hated how sluggish it was and switched to ps4, rarely using my one even with gamepass. Now back to SX and absolutely love it. Loads of stuff to play that looks and runs so much better and the system is much more enjoyable to play games on. 

Yeah, makes sense.

And you're right, the SX and PS5 are huge upgrades over the base models. It's bloody brilliant.

42 minutes ago, footle said:

I don't believe that I'm the only one to buy a console and a graphics card (admittedly the console was because I didn't think the graphics card would actually turn up for most of october).

Technically I’ve bought a console and a graphics card... but the card isn’t for playing games!