Nobody (2021) - Bob Odenkirk

That looks fun! But the line

Spoiler

"Give me the goddamn kitty-cat bracelet!"

though funny, came across like it was trying a bit too hard to intentionally create a quote that'll become an Internet meme (like Snakes on a Plane's signature line, or Taken's "a very particular set of skills").

That does look like good fun, but I find John Wick criminally overrated so the production lineage isn’t a plus for me.

Also, surely the most ballsy thing about the whole trailer is ‘In Theatres Only from Feb 26th’!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I thought this was good fun. Really enjoyed it. Over the top violence and all the more fun for it. I chuckled at a couple of the bad guys getting taken out. Winced at others.

Christopher Lloyd has a couple of great scenes where he looks like he’s having fun, but man it’s sad seeing Doc looking quite old now.

I didn't enjoy it as much i ought to. Don't know why, think it annoyed me with its suggestion that if you don't attack gun-wielding home intruders it means you're weak, pathetic and your son will have contempt for you. Extra annoying when you used to be a ruthless paid hitman who knows what it's like to witness someone beg for mercy!!!! These would be spoilers if it wasn't the most generic plot in film. All it's lacking are the Russian gangsters going; wait, who is this guy? Oh no, it's Legendary Figure _insert name here_, we're fucked now!!! 

The direction is really a cut above straight to dvd blu ray  streaming fare which i did appreciate but then it's like; well if you're on that level is it the lack of money that's preventing you from creating really memorable action scenes? All the violence is effective and when they're using guns rather than fists it's more fun than grim (the bus fight was grim), so there's good grounding. There's a big action scene shown through montage, so either they did that for the comedy, or for pacing, or they just didn't have the budget.  

I don't want to sound negative, there is a bit where a bad guy throws a chair at the head of another bad guy, who is lying half dead in hospital and it's very funny. 

I was so hyped for this but it just didn’t quite do it for me.  I’ve possibly been spoiled a bit too much by the John Wick films which completely nail moment to moment mayhem- this felt like it had way too much build up before the action kicked in, and then too much down time between the action beats.  Some great moments and I will always have time for Odenkirk but feels like it could have been so much better.

On 22/02/2021 at 15:55, Darhkwing said:

It's not out yet. I dunno what iceburn watched but it wasn't this (Maybe he watched the 2009 movie Mr Nobody?)

I'm more interested in this mystery than the film.

I liked the little bits of humour

Spoiler

I like a bit of elaborate locking, so I appreciated that guy who fled through the door and kept locking for ages. And the Stop Requested. And Pops smile when told things escalated.

This was fucking great, proper lean 90 minutes, 80's action style, all killer no filler. Funny, exciting , great music choices. Perfect saturday night movie, will be buying on disc when I can.

I really like the way it would deliver backstory in the form of 

Spoiler

Hutch talking to his dying enemies and them always checking out before he's finished talking 

:lol: