Returnal - Do you see the White Shadow?

Vemsie

• 3 weeks later...

I gave this a few hours a little while back. It blew my socks off but I was also splitting my time with the DeS Remake and mopping up Control over on PC (thought I'd finished the bugger, a couple of times actually but I'd forgotten I had the DLC and so now I'm running through Foundation, man this game can look good)

Anyway, I fancied a little dabble after tea, and, well, I haven't stopped playing since around 7pm. Fucking fantastic rush of a game. I'm getting slaughtered though, got Phrike down to a whisker a couple of times but I fluffed it. I'm probably playing it wrong as I'm searching every nook and cranny on each run, I'm trying to be prepared with health and weapons and something useful to activate for the fight but I think I should perhaps just start making a beeline to him soon. I just can't stop myself from looking for any tat or doing those previous dead body fights on my way to his lair.

I'm not looking at any tips or walkthroughs though as I'm enjoying figuring it out for myself.

Nothing on tomorrow, got cans of ice cold Coke Zero in the fridge and a Christmas size tub of Cheeselets, gonna pop a Pro Plus and pull an all nighter. Need a new biome to explore.

Boss game.

For those who’ve completed the game:

Spoiler

Is the basic premise that everything she’s been through stems from the car accident and it’s all a dream?

I kind of skimmed through a walkthrough of the thing and that’s the hint I got, but I’m wondering if I just missed out on huge amounts of pertinent data!

I should point out that whilst I desperately want to play the thing I know I’d not be good enough to get to the end :(

15 minutes ago, JoeK said:

For those who’ve completed the game:

Hide contents

Is the basic premise that everything she’s been through stems from the car accident and it’s all a dream?

Well, my take was that:

Spoiler

She actually did land on the Atropos, but its changing / forming based on her psyche. Her hopes and fears are physically formed by the planet somehow.

At the very least, I think its open to interpretation. She could be the child, or the parent in the car. The astronaut could be her mother. etc etc.

1 hour ago, Tomdominer said:

Hide contents

At the very least, I think its open to interpretation. She could be the child, or the parent in the car. The astronaut could be her mother. etc etc.

yeah i didn't have a clue what was going on in the plot.