Returnal - Do you see the White Shadow?

1 hour ago, kempstar said:

Is there a shortcut from Biome 4 to Biome 5? I just beat the Biome 4 boss on my first try, then died in the first room of Biome 5!

Yes you need to get to the boss door for 4 and go up the stairs where you will find the route to 5 without having to do the boss again.

Does anyone actually like that dreadbound gun? I find it really inconsistent.

35 minutes ago, Minion said:

Does anyone actually like that dreadbound gun? I find it really inconsistent.

I do, although it isn't the best for flying foes.

The trick to it is that it doesn't reload, its projectiles return to it; if you miss you'll be waiting longer for that shard to return. As such it works better at shorter ranges to reduce travel time, but it can shred things up close without any downtime.

2 minutes ago, Ferine said:

I do, although it isn't the best for flying foes.

The trick to it is that it doesn't reload, its projectiles return to it; if you miss you'll be waiting longer for that shard to return. As such it works better at shorter ranges to reduce travel time, but it can can shred things up close without any downtime.

Yeah it's the flying fucks that piss me off with that and also I quite like hte reload mechanic. I still haven't gelled with the guns that aren't Hollowseeker, Carbine or pistol to be fair. 

I don't think RNG is as big as some people say it is, having played it a ton now. The game always makes it possible to massively extend your lifebar in the first biome and always makes it possible to collect a shitload of oobolites to buff yourself with artefacts and healing items. The shop will always have one large health vial too (and sometimes an Astronaut on top of that). I think the mistake many people make, including me when I first started playing it, is that they don't wait for their proficiency to go up, so that they'll rush to the first chest and get whatever weapon isn't the pistol. Which will be another 0 weapon. But if you play more patiently, you can end the level with a level 3 or 4 gun, which makes a huge difference, no matter what gun it is. And the weapon drops are plenty, so most weapons in rotation will eventually end up somewhere in the level.

I've seen the credits. After the first few days of thinking I'll never see biome 2 today I got to the end. What an incredible game and such a shame the price will stop a lot of people experiencing the adrenaline rush this game gives because it's second to none. 

Yes, I updated from the working one (before all the hassle) to the latest one yesterday and all is perfectly well. Saved game worked (I do have PS+).

30 minutes ago, Minion said:

Is the new patch ok then? I'm pre the one that fucked everyone up still.

Well, it's basically the same patch. 1.3.4 is 1.3.1 in all but name, so audio glitches and (rare) hard crashes remain. Except the obolite / ether exchange stations seem kind of broken now. Oh, and you won't see any scouts.

3 hours ago, Vemsie said:

I don't think RNG is as big as some people say it is, having played it a ton now.

Counterpoint: after 40 hours in the first 3 biomes, RNG is fucking massive, and can fuck a relatively perfect 2-3 hour run no problem.

2 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Counterpoint after 40 hours in the first 3 biomes, RNG is fucking massive, and can fuck a relatively perfect 2-3 hour run no problem.

Yeah, but you're also shit. ;)

I cannot get the dodge timing right for the rockets fired by the drones in the Derelict Citadel. Just had three runs in a row end once a big group of those show up. 

I need a Street Fighter style training mode or something to just practice dodging. 

45 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah, but you're also shit. ;)

I prefer to think I’m decent for my age. If anyone over 53 has made it past Biome 3, I will reconsider. :blah:

2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

The Daily is a pretty straightforward effort today. A high level Doombearer (not a gun I'd seen before) and pretty easy mods.

I too had not seen that gun before. It is crazily potent.

I ranked 677th when I did the challenge a few hours ago!

46 minutes ago, Pungee said:

I cannot get the dodge timing right for the rockets fired by the drones in the Derelict Citadel. Just had three runs in a row end once a big group of those show up. 

I need a Street Fighter style training mode or something to just practice dodging. 

Yeah I actually think this is the hardest thing to dodge in the entire game, and those enemies are by far the most annoying! Well, except for the bats, maybe. 

7 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I too had not seen that gun before. It is crazily potent.

I ranked 677th when I did the challenge a few hours ago!

I absolutely hated this gun on unlock, but have come to really enjoy it since levelling it the hell up! The fourth shard trait makes all the difference though, it’s almost as bad as getting a wide maw shotgun without it. 

5 hours ago, catinthehat said:

In biome 3, is there a quick skip to the boss, like there was in 2?

You can go straight over the bridge once you reach the bit with the eyeball search towers. Cuts out about half the level. Still need to ascend the tower though.

23 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Check out the fucker at 128th...

I heard they made it easier a little while after I had completed my run as there were probably loads of complaints about the difficulty.

So it crashed on me. I'm literally about to go fight Ixion...

Spoiler

LOOK AT THIS. LOOK AT IT.  I even had a beastie attached that turned kills into Integrity. I could have breezed past that bastard. FFS!!! I'm going nuts. 2 hours of careful prep. 

1406036103_Screenshot2021-05-07at23_21_12.png.02f5ec1d1e46c2a79afefcac5512ca00.png\

I took a transporter to the top and it's just stuck. Some buttons do respond to input but my character is no longer on the screen. HALP. Tried rest mode but it just comes back to the same screen, still stuck.

I thought I was clever not installing any updates. 

6 hours ago, Vemsie said:

I don't think RNG is as big as some people say it is, having played it a ton now. The game always makes it possible to massively extend your lifebar in the first biome and always makes it possible to collect a shitload of oobolites to buff yourself with artefacts and healing items.

I know I took the piss out of @jonamok for being shit, but you are incorrect. On one run tonight I explored all I could of Biome 1 apart from one yellow barriered room for which the upgrade was not available, and all I got was the one 25% extension to integrity and what little I could find from resin. Additionally, when it comes to RNG, here's the the third room of Biome 1 on one of my runs tonight where I still had the starting pistol:

Yeah, I just gave up in the end.

And the third room on another run:

It's completely random, we all really are at the mercy of RNG with this game. :)

• Vemsie changed the title to Returnal - Do you see the White Shadow?