Returnal - Housemarque blends arcade gameplay and cosmic horror (reviews inside)

B4 is one of my faves actually. I guess the sound design and music play a big part in that. And the boss is just awesome.

As for B3, I always run at to the boss at the end when the game bombards you with enemies. You can reach the boss unharmed if you're fast enough.

Love this game but it needs a save option desperately and also now really pissed you can’t increase your health back at the ship.  

ffs housemarque how hard are you making this for people who actually have lives which prevent Playing ps5 for 4-5 hours a day!

For the first time ever feel like complaining to Sony for c£50 spent on this digitally 

This game is pure crack. Also starting at the beginning again is actually quite hard, there’s some real rough parts of Biome 1 if you clear the whole thing. I’m trying to do an all bosses run, I know boss 2 will probably stop me. I found him the hardest now that I’ve seen them all. Will need to beef myself up sufficiently. 

Half way through the game and I’ve only just realised you can destroy red projectiles with your sword, I don’t remember it being mentioned in this thread before. I always wondered why the bullets come in two colours, makes sense now, very Ikaruga.

The RNG of the earlier biomes is definitely weighted against you if you’ve made it further. Only at Biome 3, but going through biome 1 at the start of another doomed run, I now routinely get 3 big lockdown areas with energy towers back-to-back, and even the once-friendly yellow-light trapdoor areas have now started spawning an orange mini-boss and a load of purple lasers.

It is a fucking hateful, trolling thing in many ways. :lol: