Cyberpunk 2077 - Are you opting to refund your copy? Now removed from the PS Store

I sold my copy, seemed daft to even take it out the wrapper. Didn't lose any money on it. 

Looking forward to picking up the Series X version in 6 months time when it's also about £20. 

Oh, there's no way I'd even contemplate selling the thing (although as I got it from CDkeys as a GOG code I somehow thing it'd be impossible to refund anyway...). I may be fairly down on it at the moment, but every so often it'll do something really pretty cool, and over time the game will get better and better...

Well, I hope it will at least.

Not sure they'll do much in the way of sorting out the AI for the crowds in the city, but I live in hope (man, the population of night city are fucking morons...I mean, the original Assassin's Creed had better crowds going about their business...at the very least they had the good grace to let me nudge them out of the way instead of warping through me...or is Night City just one huge digital world where everyone are ghosting it around the place? Hmm).

4 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I imagine it will include graphical updates, bug fixes and QoL changes. And also serve as an easy way to tell that they’ve fixed enough of the major issues to move onto stuff like graphical updates. 

But the condescending way you asked has me curious as to what zinger you were going to follow up with, so please, do tell me why this isn’t a good reason to not buy a buggy and rushed game that I have no immediate urge to play. 

asked a question , YOU decided it was "Condescending" ...so, how exactly else can one ask, "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THIS SO CALLED NEXT GEN PATCH TO DO?????"

its a fucking question, try answering it...

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST....what the actual fuck is with the patheticness around here lately...ask a question, "!oh you must be looking to incite bullshit har de har har...

FUCK OFF!!!!

i really cant be bothered with this fricking place any more...

so, lest tryasaign, after incresing volume by 66%, and slowing speach by 33%..."!yes...that a fucking meme based on the actual game!!!" ...Skippy!

"WHAT....DO....YOU....EXPECT....THE....NEXT...GEN .....PATCH....TO...Do..."

Also he did actually answer your question. 

40 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

asked a question , YOU decided it was "Condescending" ...so, how exactly else can one ask, "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THIS SO CALLED NEXT GEN PATCH TO DO?????"

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST....what the actual fuck is with the patheticness around here lately...ask a question, "!oh you must be looking to incite bullshit har de har har...

FUCK OFF!!!!

so, lest tryasaign, after incresing volume by 66%, and slowing speach by 33%..."!yes...that a fucking meme based on the actual game!!!" ...Skippy!

Is everything alright at home?

Also he did actually answer your question if you bothered to read his post. 

No.

I've played 20 hours on base ps4, had no crashes, noticed no significant bugs and the performance is about what I would have expected from an ambitious open world game at the very end of a console's life cycle and certainly nothing close to unplayable for me.

I'm really loving the experience of the game and since I barely have any issue with the technical side as things stand, any patches will make minimal difference to my enjoyment level.

Yes, I've sent mine back, but i have every intention of buying it again when the PS5 upgrade comes out. 

Playing the PS4 version feels like the equivalent of watching a pirate DVD recorded from a cinema that's showing the PC version. You'll get the gist of it but it'll be ruined by the nagging doubt that the experience could be so much better and occasionally someone will stand up to take a piss and pull you right out of the experience.

IGN gave the PS4 version a 4 and the PC version a 9 and that says it all really

No, on Series X only seen a few minor graphical bugs and it looks good. If I had been on a last gen machine I definitely would, as even though you know it’s not going to look like high end PC gameplay; the lack of showing any footage was a cynical bait and switch move by CDPR.

10 hours ago, 5R7 said:

FUCK OFF!!!!

U ok hun?

6 hours ago, partious said:

No.

I've played 20 hours on base ps4, had no crashes, noticed no significant bugs and the performance is about what I would have expected from an ambitious open world game at the very end of a console's life cycle and certainly nothing close to unplayable for me.

I'm really loving the experience of the game and since I barely have any issue with the technical side as things stand, any patches will make minimal difference to my enjoyment level.

That is the thing I guess. If there were no other versions to compare against and the game was taken as a release for the PS4 would people be kicking up as much? Of course its not fair to compare it running on other hardware but if the game offers an experience that is enjoyable then what is the issue? Remember Shadow Of The Colossus was pretty bad on the PS2 in terms of being practically near unplayable on the 6th Colossus due to the poor frame rates. Enjoyed the experience mostly though and glad that I had it rather than not. There are lots of examples of games on consoles been a bit sluggish but overall they gave a good experience. Is it perhaps people are far too judgemental these days and have unrealistic expectations on what can be achieved on 7+ year old hardware? 

Should CP have been released at all on the PS4/Xbox One base consoles? Well think people would have probably kicked off more about that to be fair.

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Should CP have been released at all on the PS4/Xbox One base consoles? Well think people would have probably kicked off more about that to be fair.

It shouldn't have been imo, at some point you're compromising way too much just to be able to get it running on a laughable potato CPU from 2013. It's a bad look for the game they put so much work in. But as you say, people would have been very angry about it - "just push the optimise button, how hard can it be?!" the internet experts would have shouted.

They should have cancelled them. Warner cancelled the 360 and PS3 versions of MKX as they couldn't get it up to snuff:

“After months of development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has come to the regrettable conclusion that we cannot release Mortal Kombat X for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Please know our teams worked diligently to meet the quality standards set by the current-gen versions of the game. We were not able to get the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to the quality expected of a Mortal Kombat game and are very sorry for not being able to deliver the products as originally planned.”

Of course, that game wasn't announced before the Xbox 360 came out. The moral of the story is don't announce your fucking next project when you've still got three years of development left on the current one, then be surprised when people who looked forward to it for eight years are pissed it runs like shit

Just now, Down by Law said:

Of course, that game wasn't announced before the Xbox 360 came out. The moral of the story is don't announce your fucking next project when you've still got three years of development left on the current one, then be surprised when people who looked forward to it for eight years are pissed it runs like shit

If I recall correctly, that announcement was mainly a requirement drive - hey we got this ip, we're going to make a game, who wants to apply? - but I guess they learned why other companies only vaguely describe such projects in that situation. "Looking for an expert infinite polygon pusher to work on an unannounced triple-A RPG project". Again, if I recall correctly when they announced it they hadn't even started pre-production beyond a couple of pieces of concept art. 

I'm guessing they will handle it differently next time around. There's a brilliant game in there that's probably going to be remembered mostly for the buggy shambles at release and the playmobil look of the last gen versions.

They should have cancelled the PS4/One versions as soon as the vision outgrew the mobile CPU's and put that extra time into polishing the PC version. If that had released with no bugs and better optimisation the buzz around the game would be huge right now, and the PS5/Series versions would have flown off the shelves in 12/18 months time.

Hindsight is wonderful though I guess.

Absolutely gutted but not surprised by this. Deus Ex (and Sleeping Dogs) deserved a better publisher than SE.

You spend all this time and money in building a franchise to then throw it all away in favour of some licensed crap. That said, If there's one publisher that can ruin a sure fire easy win in the Marvel license, it's them. Or Microsoft.

Deus Ex really hurts as there's nothing else really like it - hopefully Cyberpunk can fill it's shoes, when it finally sees the light of day.

I posted that in the Deus Ex thread almost four! years ago . Well at least i was right about Square messing up Avengers :lol:

Cyberpunk will be alright in the long run. if CDPR keep their heads down and just crack on with making it the best game possible this could have a second dedicated launch for PS5/XSX (while still being a free upgrade for those who already had it) where it'll hopefully be received like the PC version has. I'm looking forward to it (again) 

I don't get the calls for it have been cancelled on PS4 and Xbox One. The main complaints seem to be about how buggy it is, and how it performs. Both areas they made massive improvements in with Witcher 3.

Give it 6 months and I fully expect it to run much better on both of them. Maybe not a locked 30fps, but better than it does now.

I find it interesting in the Eurogamer article that CDPR's statement about refunds is a little more equivocal than initially thought.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-15-the-cyberpunk-2077-refund-situation-is-a-mess-of-mixed-messages

What is becoming clear is that CD Projekt's statement referenced existing refund policies - and no exceptions are being made for Cyberpunk 2077.

In an emergency investor relations call last night, CD Projekt's SVP of business development, Michał Nowakowski confirmed as much.

"One has to understand: Microsoft and Sony have refund policies for every product that is released digitally on their storefronts," Nowakowski said.

"Despite several articles I've seen that things are being set up just for us, it's actually not true - these policies are in place and have always been in place; they're not offered specifically for us. Anyone who has purchased any title on the PlayStation Network or the Microsoft storefront can ask for a refund, and if it's made within certain boundaries, usually related to time, usage and so on, can ask for that refund.

"Our procedure here with Microsoft and Sony is not different than with any other title released on any of those storefronts. I want to state that clearly, as there seem to be certain misconceptions."

In CD Projekt's statement issued yesterday, it mentioned an email address customers could use if they were turned down for a refund by a retailer. "We will do our best to help you," the company said. But it is unclear exactly what help CD Projekt can offer here, with refunds ultimately at the behest of customer service staff from shops.

Further muddying the waters, CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwiński has now said the company is "not encouraging gamers to return the game".

"We hope they'll give us a chance to improve it on old-gen consoles," he said in the investor call.

"One fix was released last weekend; another one is coming in seven days - but there is an option, obviously, and the easiest way is to ask the retailer for a refund. If that's not possible, we also provide help."

Which feels a little bit of a cop-out. Basically you're back to relying on retailer goodwill.

So they've done a bait and switch on the console versions and then made a bit of placatory noise but taken no actual action on trying to make it right.

I had always assumed it would launch buggy and was always going to wait for the PS5 version in any case. Not sure this shady behaviour leaves me feeling like they deserve my money at all.