IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett - December 2021, Disney +

Doctor Shark

I mean yeah, the scooter gang were a bit cringey but the amount of "worst thing in Star Wars" kind of complaining is over playing it somewhat when Attack of the Clones still exists. The gang themselves were fine, the scooters were a garrish and didn't look like they belonged and the chase was dull, it was a typical "middle of first season" episode really.

Setting the adventures of a (former) intergalactic bounty hunter completely on bloody Tatooine feels like a spectacular misfire, especially when you're following it up with an Obi-Wan series. Hopefully Ben will get to stretch his legs off-world from time to time.

15 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Setting the adventures of a (former) intergalactic bounty hunter completely on bloody Tatooine feels like a spectacular misfire, especially when you're following it up with an Obi-Wan series. Hopefully Ben will get to stretch his legs off-world from time to time.

It'll just be Ben in his hut for 6 episodes.  He'll wander out of view, they'll be loud clattering noises and he'll wander back in and will have aged ever so slightly.  By the end the run McGregor will have aged enough to match Alex Guinness.

22 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

It'll just be Ben in his hut for 6 episodes.  He'll wander out of view, they'll be loud clattering noises and he'll wander back in and will have aged ever so slightly.  By the end the run McGregor will have aged enough to match Alex Guinness.

12 minutes ago, Jackson said:

It should be like Bob Burnham's Inside. The bad lip reading YouTube guys could write the music. Would watch.

Add in drunken rants, shouting at Qui-Gon, Anakin etc

12 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Galaxy-renowned and feared Bounty Hunter Boba Fett doesn’t understand why water is a valuable resource on a desert planet. 

Fucking hell. 

Also worked for Jabba so presumably new something about how his business worked.

1 hour ago, wev said:

Obi Wan should be just Ben in his little cave going stir crazy for 19 years

1 hour ago, monkeydog said:

I've been saying to people I know for ages that I want this. Episode 1, Obi-wan picks up knitting. Then he might do Pilates or learn to juggle. The season finale is "Oh no, is Luke in danger???
No"

Ooft.

Space mods felt like something from a different franchise. I get trying to bring new things to Star Wars (fuck we've had enough of eveything needing to have the Force and lightsabers, and Tattooine) but they have to fit. This was like Sauron walking down Mos Esper high street. Awful. Completely at odds with the Star Wars aesthetic and so on the nose it harms it all the more.

Krrsantan had the potential to be great but for me the fight scene was pretty feeble and oddly it felt more than ever that that was a big bloke in a suit. I never felt that with Chewbacca. I think it was because his eyes are so clear and so evidently human, and in his movements he doesn't have the weight that that creature would actually have were it real (almost like the practical version of the old weightless CGI thing).

And that chase scene... I can't imagine anyone involved in that shoot was that happy with the outcome. Weirdly slow paced with what felt like a dodgy frame rate and all in all just a bit dull.

Still perfectly watchable but that is probably one of the weakest episodes of any these Star Wars shows they've done.

Yeah, I'm not going to blow sunshine up the arse of that one. Mandalorian started slow - wasn't he stuck somewhere and had to learn how to ride a space hog from space Yosemite Sam?

So I expected slow here, and it has been, but interesting enough. But those Mos vespas were just weird. I'd expect them nobbing around Coruscant, not tatooine.

Fett needs to shoot someone.

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

Yeah, I'm not going to blow sunshine up the arse of that one. Mandalorian started slow - wasn't he stuck somewhere and had to learn how to ride a space hog from space Yosemite Sam?

So I expected slow here, and it has been, but interesting enough. But those Mos vespas were just weird. I'd expect them nobbing around Coruscant, not tatooine.

Fett needs to shoot someone.

Tbh I didn’t mind the look of it and where it took its influences, but they should have gone the whole hog and had them wearing vintage 501’s, biker jackets and using flick knives, Chuck Berry playing. 

That chase scene was rubbish though and clearly needed way more time spent on it. 

On 14/01/2022 at 16:23, DeciderVT said:

Cheap though innit