IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett - December 2021, Disney +

Doctor Shark

I thought that was a lot better than last week but not a patch on Episode 2

Spoiler

When he started picking off all the hoverbikers I thought, ah finally, Fett gets violent. He had a pretty perfect look of grim satisfaction on his face as well. Then when it cut to hovering over the Sarlaac pit in the next scene I laughed out loud because of what I assumed was coming next in the "scores to settle" stakes. But then they kind of fucked the badassery because it turned out he was there looking for his armour. While what I was assuming was going to happen still happened, it came up out of necessity rather than intention...

How much more incredible would it have been if he just turned up, dropped the fucking bomb, badubadum theme blares, and then jets off as the pit explodes behind him. Yeeeeeeeeah. *CSI music*

I mean if you're going to try to please fans by making Fett a badass rather than a chump now then at least do it properly. Even a scene like that it just seems so easy to make that more exciting with that one change. The only motivation he needs to be there is because he wants to blow it the fuck up.

Anyway, considering the Mandalorian theme played at the end of the episode I can only assume it means Mando will turn up to help them and writers will be patting themselves on the back that they've got that as the big reveal in the last episode.

I also was caught out by the timeline here- it didn't feel like he spent years with the Sand People in the previous episodes. 

No more flashbacks!

Krrsante is a famous actor, no? I'm getting both Michael Dorn and The Hound vibes from him.

That was much better than last week’s farce.

Few things:

I loved the use of the droid from Star Tours (which I rode in LA in 1992) as the croupier droid. Thought it was him the other week, forgot to mention it.

I also got a Michael Dorn vibe from Krrsantan’s eyes.

But, why does Boba think his armour

Spoiler

is inside the Sarlacc? We know from the start of Ep 1 that he crawls out of the pit, conscious, with clear vision (we see the shot of the twin suns through his visor), and then he passes out yards away from the pit on the sand. He should have assumed someone stripped his Beskar from him. So climbing inside makes no sense. Does the old codger have memory loss or something?

@jonamok I just assumed he was so dazed and confused when he got out, and basically unconscious when the jawas found him, that he just didn't remember what actually happened. His memories start from when the tuskens found him, and all he knows is he didn't have it when they woke him up.

But in Ep 4 he actually says to Shand: “they left me on the sand to die, like you”.

So he knows somebody left him there in the same state as his Tusken chums found him in, i.e. sans armour. Therefore he must assume he climbed out without it, which makes even less sense.

I’m still going to go with shit writing.

Yeah it’s pretty weak plotting, especially if they just ignore it entirely. 

Anyway, I enjoyed this weeks a lot more.

Spoiler

It is a problem that the best bits are just filling in gaps that we could already infer. It also feels odd that we see everything up to him getting Slave-I, but then the whole Din Djarin stuff is (understandably) skipped over. 

When watching Fett rinse the biker gang it occurred to me that having Slave-I just sitting around is like Tony Soprano having an Apache Longbow in his garage. 

No one mentioning Thundercat as the Mod-Master guy? For shame :( 

As a dyed in the wool Star Wars Galaxies player I'm aggrieved by the Trandoshans having boots on far more than I should be  :hmm: 

1 minute ago, Pob said:

I really love the practical costumes and puppets used for aliens and droids in these new shows. That Trandoshan guy was really expressive, and the droids in the palace kitchen were hilarious. 

Hide contents

The bit where he goes to strangle the little ratcatcher droid by the neck, says “do you know who I am? I am Boba Fett!”, and the droid cries and switches itself off was bizarre but brilliant. I think that justifies the whole series tbh. 

Plus the bantha licking him and eating. The eating animation was another deliberately jerky stop-motion homage.

I did like the idea of him going around saying

Spoiler

do you know who I am? I'm Boba Fett!

to every insignificant droid, creature etc. he comes across, like some coked up Z lister trying to get into an overrated nightclub.

Especially as immediately afterwards he told Fennec

Spoiler

there are advantages to being thought dead

Make your mind up mate!

24 minutes ago, Darren said:

Plus the bantha licking him and eating. The eating animation was another deliberately jerky stop-motion homage.

Oh yeah, when he told it to shoo and be free etc I had mentally earmarked it as the MVP that would swoop in at the crucial moment to save his arse. Well I suppose there's still time!

1 hour ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Didn't he say he was double crossed rather than fucking up royally and ending up in the pit? Maybe he has amnesia about it all, or maybe I do...?

Do we actually know what he was even doing at Jabba's palace in ROTJ? Was he just hanging about after dropping Han off? 

34 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

The thing that I struggle with most is the way he puts 'aaah' at the end of every single line delivery. I'm just listening out for it instead of listening to what he is actually saying most of the time aaah.

It's the last thing he remembers saying before falling into the sarlaac pit.