Jump to content
IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett - December 2021, Disney +


Doctor Shark
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

You're a right miserable bunch of cunts aren't you? I'm enjoying it. It's not perfect but it's had some great moments so far.

 

And I remembered after the fact that that Chef droid was in Attack of the Clones!

 

Attack of the Clones Chef Droid.jpg

I'm enjoying it the series but I doubt I watch it again after this. However, saying that, hope we see Fett do an Unforgiven. Because at the moment he's a joke really.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scruff said:

No one mentioning Thundercat as the Mod-Master guy? For shame :( 

 

As a dyed in the wool Star Wars Galaxies player I'm aggrieved by the Trandoshans having boots on far more than I should be  :hmm: 

I thought it was him, I was like nooo it can't be. But yep its Thundercat, and that was pretty cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, yakumo said:

I'm enjoying it the series but I doubt I watch it again after this. However, saying that, hope we see Fett do an Unforgiven. Because at the moment he's a joke really.

 

 

 

He's only just started the Daimyo-ing! Give the cunt a chance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It feels like it’s back on track after this episode,

 

Spoiler

With the droid announcing he is now fully healed, not sure if this was just so we know no more flashbacks,

or whether this means he now will stop getting beaten up by jawas and start being a bit more of a hard ass. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

 

He's only just started the Daimyo-ing! Give the cunt a chance!

 

He's a crime lord who doesn't commit crimes. Bring back the Fett from Mando who went ham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/01/2022 at 15:36, yakumo said:

 

He's a crime lord who doesn't commit crimes. Bring back the Fett from Mando who went ham.


You can make an excellent protagonist who's supposed to be a bigwig in the criminal community who never commits crimes.

 

spacer.png

 

If this had just been 8 episodes of Boba Fett walking around town, saving stray womp-rats, playing arcade games and getting accosted by street thoughs then twatting them with a speeder bike after which they apologise and promise to change their ways, this would have been the series of 2022.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harsin said:


You can make an excellent protagonist who's supposed to be a bigwig in the criminal community who never commits crimes.

 

spacer.png

 

If this had just been 8 episodes of Boba Fett walking around town, saving stray womp-rats, playing arcade games and getting accosted by street thoughts then twatting them with a speeder bike after which they apologise and promise to change their ways, this would have been the series of 2022.

 

 


Plus running a saucy twilek hostess club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's mediocre in some sections, but it's no Star Trek Discovery.

 

You have to wait for all the stars to align perfectly before it's possible to create a show that uniquely bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Benny said:

It's mediocre in some sections, but it's no Star Trek Discovery.

 

You have to wait for all the stars to align perfectly before it's possible to create a show that uniquely bad.


Plus Boba hasn’t cried six times in every episode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Boothjan said:

I'm really enjoying this.

 

  Hide contents

Watched it with my daughter this morning who squealed and threw her cereal on the floor when the sarlacc's beak shot out :lol:

 

Not sure I quite understand the level of criticism it's getting TBQH.

 

It's almost as baffling as how the fuck Ming-Na Wen looks so incredible yet she's 58! She's 17 years older than me but looks 17 years younger.

 

And Jennifer Beals is 58 as well!

 

Favreau and Rodriguez single-handedly raising the average age of working actresses in Hollywood over 45.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Festoon said:

I'm staggered that people expected an 18-rated show with blood and gore.

 

Who is asking for that? No one. Star Wars has never had blood and gore (well...not much, anyway). But it's never exactly been shy on the violence. 

 

Besides, we wanted Boba the Bounty Hunter, we got Boba the Errand Boy. I can understand them wanting to balance the story (he's a new crime lord!) with making him actually likeable, but they've got to do something with him soon. He's completely flaccid, at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4th episode far better than 3. There's still something about this, things feel a little off (space mods still feels like something from a different universe) and not much seems to really be happening given we know where half the plot ends up.

 

I've still got the bizarre issue with the makeup and costumes that rips me out of it. I applaud the practical effects, went on the whole they're very well done, but the eyes are wrong. The eyes are too clearly human, which immediately places a barrier, for me, to buying into the thing. It makes it too evidently a guy in a suit or a mask. And then with the transdoshians they seem to use partial CG on them, mostly on the eyes, which look fake as fuck and are hugely distracting.

 

But that's purely nitpicky stuff. It's not bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

 

Who is asking for that? No one. Star Wars has never had blood and gore (well...not much, anyway). But it's never exactly been shy on the violence. 

 

Besides, we wanted Boba the Bounty Hunter, we got Boba the Errand Boy. I can understand them wanting to balance the story (he's a new crime lord!) with making him actually likeable, but they've got to do something with him soon. He's completely flaccid, at the moment. 

 

No one here. Dickheads on Twitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jammy said:


Plus Boba hasn’t cried six times in every episode.

 

Although

 

Spoiler

I did notice tears in his eyes when he first saw his ship again in the last episode. I would have too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pob said:

I’m growing to like this version of Boba Fett. Instead of some ultimate badass who’s too cool to speak we find out he’s someone who threatens small droids, accidentally inhales lizards and forgets where he left his clothes. 

 

You're still young. Once you reach 50 you'll understand.

 

I'm really enjoying this although, even episode 3 (because it reminded me of some of my favourite shows in the 90's that would have somewhat cheesy episodes.) I find his white teeth absolutely terrifying.

 

Where this is suffering is I'm watching this in between watching episodes of Hawkeye and the latter is just doing a much better job of selling "tired old fighter" energy.

 

Maybe I'm easily pleased or maybe I'm happy with this when back in my day you got Caravan of Courage if you wanted Star Wars content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/01/2022 at 15:26, X_2_0 said:

It feels like it’s back on track after this episode,

 

  Hide contents

With the droid announcing he is now fully healed, not sure if this was just so we know no more flashbacks,

or whether this means he now will stop getting beaten up by jawas and start being a bit more of a hard ass. 

 


Yeah. I’m enjoying it, but was expecting him to be a one man army rather than taking a beating in every fight and getting saved by his companions. Hopefully this does signify a change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Presume we’re gonna get one last dream flashback were he gets his armour back from some jawas.

 

Except he won’t disintegrate them the way he should, he’ll shout a bit, then apologise, saying he’s only angry because he’s “short on time”. Then he’ll apologise again for the inadvertent heightism, and buy them all dinner.

 

Edit: Doh. Oh well, no more flashbacks. Lots more time for the Vespas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jonamok said:

Presume we’re gonna get one last dream flashback were he gets his armour back from some jawas.

 

Except he won’t disintegrate them the way he should, he’ll shout a bit, then apologise, saying he’s only angry because he’s “short on time”. Then he’ll apologise again for the inadvertent heightism, and buy them all dinner.

 

Spot the casual Star Wars fan!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.