IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett - December 2021, Disney +

Doctor Shark

These guys know what they’re doing, don’t they? I was expecting it to be good but somehow it was even better.

Spoilerific thoughts.

Spoiler

Who was Matt Berry? One of the first names in the credits but I didn’t notice his distinctive voice in the episode.

Was that meant to be the Lars homestead? It looked like it but obviously there could be loads that look the same. And why did the Tusken Kid take them to look at it in the first place?

1 minute ago, Darren said:

These guys know what they’re doing, don’t they? I was expecting it to be good but somehow it was even better.

Spoilerific thoughts.

Hide contents

Who was Matt Berry? One of the first names in the credits but I didn’t notice his distinctive voice in the episode.

Was that meant to be the Lars homestead? It looked like it but obviously there could be loads that look the same. And why did the Tusken Kid take them to look at it in the first place?

Spoiler

Matt Berry was the droid in Boba’s lair. You can tell it’s him. 

No it wasn’t the Lars homestead - this takes place after return of the Jedi, remember. It’s just some random place. I think the kid was taking them there to get the water but the others got it first so he had Boba and Orange Greedo dig for more. 

Yeah, that thing had real Harryhausen vibes, it was great.

Also the Tusken Raider champion fighter dude reminded me of Al Jourgenson out of Ministry but I can’t find a picture of him to demonstrate it. But he looked like the Sandpeople version of this:

0FFFC2EE-3ADE-4CEF-93F7-8D2308C36A1E.jpeg.1642f646886d1c853e48a691a69c0ad2.jpeg

I thought it was great and set up lots of threads which I’m confident they will knit together later:

Spoiler

- He’s going to become an honorary Tusken, hence him being adept with the stick in Mando S2. They will come riding to his aid sooner or later in the “now” storyline.

- The Mayor of Mos Espa is going to be a problem. Place your bets now for who it might turn out to be. Watto?

- He walked into town as a show of strength but got the poodoo kicked out of him, so now he’s really got to prove himself or those tributes are going to dry up faster than a glass of blue milk in the Dune Sea.

- Fennec doesn’t always see eye to eye with him and while she’s happy to defer to him for now, I suspect that might not last.

If we're speculating on where the plot goes, I also think that

3 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Also, re Boba’s look:

Hide contents

I wish they’d kept Boba’s mashed up, scarred-to-shit look but I guess it’s easier on the makeup to “heal” him With the bacta tank  

Spoiler

it'll turn out whenever he doesnt get his backta-tank session for a while he has lasting damage from the sarlaac, neuropathy or something so he's in constant pain. I doubt he's doing it just for his looks.