Jump to content

Online Escape Rooms


Recommended Posts

We (my friends and partner) love physical escpae rooms but said friends are from Poland so our only option this year when we couldnt go over was to try the online version, we had tried a few and found them lacking in something, those that looked bad had good puzzles and those that looked good seemed to have little substance so we made our own. We had been working on creating one for the last few months and the artist we hired just finished up so we hit the launch button last night.

 

Its been through many iterations based on feedback but we are pretty proud of what we have created in the end. Its highly cooperative and every puzzle requires you to work together as you will be seeing different things for every puzzle which we thought was something a bit different.

 

Sadly the only people who have played it so far have been friends and family who all liked it a lot but they may be biased... If anyone wants to check out our site which shows the art style etc I'll link below.

 

http://elevenpuzzles.com

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2020 at 16:15, Munkienut said:

We (my friends and partner) love physical escpae rooms but said friends are from Poland so our only option this year when we couldnt go over was to try the online version, we had tried a few and found them lacking in something, those that looked bad had good puzzles and those that looked good seemed to have little substance so we made our own. We had been working on creating one for the last few months and the artist we hired just finished up so we hit the launch button last night.

 

Its been through many iterations based on feedback but we are pretty proud of what we have created in the end. Its highly cooperative and every puzzle requires you to work together as you will be seeing different things for every puzzle which we thought was something a bit different.

 

Sadly the only people who have played it so far have been friends and family who all liked it a lot but they may be biased... If anyone wants to check out our site which shows the art style etc I'll link below.

 

http://elevenpuzzles.com

 

Gonna book this and do it with my family in a couple of weeks. Will report back!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, I'm excited for some honest feedback, no matter if good or bad, not that i dont think the feedback we had is honest, just maybe slightly biased but that was all before we implemented the new art style which i think has transformed the game. We also have reduced the price to reflect the competition, had meant to do it before we launched but slipped through the net so glad you hadnt picked it up yet before the price had been fixed! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Munkienut said:

Awesome, I'm excited for some honest feedback, no matter if good or bad, not that i dont think the feedback we had is honest, just maybe slightly biased but that was all before we implemented the new art style which i think has transformed the game. We also have reduced the price to reflect the competition, had meant to do it before we launched but slipped through the net so glad you hadnt picked it up yet before the price had been fixed! :)

I thought the idea looked good but given the technical issues I had with my friends when we tried a game having different info might not be ideal!  We ended up using google meeting and me sharing my screen to us all

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmyzilla said:

I thought the idea looked good but given the technical issues I had with my friends when we tried a game having different info might not be ideal!  We ended up using google meeting and me sharing my screen to us all

 

I appreciate that the idea could be disastrous in the wrong hands, many puzzles ended up being removed from the game or being altered to make sure this wasn't the case. I dont want to give anything away about the ways we do the different screens (based on the puzzles being spoiled) but its more about relaying information to each team based off what you do see and maybe interacting with items at the right time/in the right way. The information that you need to discuss isn't hidden, its just about working out ways in which to combine that info to extract the answer from the puzzle (sorry to sound so cryptic). Having that different things on different screens allowed us to create what we believe are more unique puzzles and they were designed with this mechanic in mind, there are only two teams so you may have multiple screens/people on the same team so hopefully wouldn't get too hard to work out or require screen sharing.

If you liked the idea and want to give it a try we would be happy to refund you if you ran into the same difficulties, we want the game to be fun and our clue system is pretty extensive if people did get into trouble with the puzzles. We used the exit system where there will be multiple clues and the last one is always the answer to the puzzle, no penalties for using them. If it helps there will be a further launch price drop of a further 20% as of tomorrow.


We hadn't actually played anything like it where you have different info on different screens but think we are going to try seek one out next week now the games finished. If you dont mind sharing, what game was it you played so we know to avoid?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.