IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Why have Ferrari agreed to the engine freeze, I wonder. 

Because they've been told the engines will be "Balanced".

Fuck sake, F1 becomes more and more spec with every year.  Soon there will be no motor racing with technical development.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Because they've been told the engines will be "Balanced".

Have they? I know there has been talk of it but I didn't know they had agreed anything. I know Toto had ridiculed the idea of balancing via fuel flow allowances.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Have they? I know there has been talk of it but I didn't know they had agreed anything. I know Toto had ridiculed the idea of balancing via fuel flow allowances.

I don't know, but it's certainly a reason Ferrari would have agreed to it so readily.  And it's the FIA, it's usually easier just to expect corruption, after all Ferrari got away with an illegal engine for a year because of it already.

8 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Hopefully he should be ok for the season opener. He's got some broken teeth but no broken jaw or any fractures. He wasn't actually hit by a car either. He came off his bike when braking hard to avoid hitting a car. 

Yeah, those don't actually stop him driving the way broken ribs might.

Might be interesting to some...

£18 quid for a keyring which is basically a machined titanium ARB link from an 80s F1 car. I believe these are from a Williams, from the earlier half of the 80s - or so the seller, who is a fellow Maserati owner, claims.  He's been told not to disclose the origins but basically he claims his uncle worked for Williams in the 80s and later on historic cars.

I have no link to the seller etc. basically it'd be like one of you sharing something on here and me just re-sharing on another forum.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233891255029

9 hours ago, Corranga said:

£18 quid for a keyring which is basically a machined titanium ARB link from an 80s F1 car. I believe these are from a Williams, from the earlier half of the 80s - or so the seller, who is a fellow Maserati owner, claims.  He's been told not to disclose the origins but basically he claims his uncle worked for Williams in the 80s and later on historic cars.

I have no link to the seller etc. basically it'd be like one of you sharing something on here and me just re-sharing on another forum.

That's cool, they're all sold out now though. I love things like this, but wish it was a slightly more recognisable part!

9 hours ago, GwiDan said:

That's cool, they're all sold out now though. I love things like this, but wish it was a slightly more recognisable part!

Yep something more recognisable would be cool, but the recognisable parts always seem to be crazy expensive or small bits encased in plastic or something

On 13/02/2021 at 13:03, Corranga said:

On 13/02/2021 at 22:32, GwiDan said:

I've bought from these guys a few times over the years:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/ledonracingservices/Formula-1-Parts/_i.html?_storecat=1274720015

Last thing I got was a desk clock mounted to a couple of cogs from one of the Manor F1 cars that Jules Bianchi drove. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tony said:

I've bought from these guys a few times over the years:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/ledonracingservices/Formula-1-Parts/_i.html?_storecat=1274720015

Last thing I got was a desk clock mounted to a couple of cogs from one of the Manor F1 cars that Jules Bianchi drove. 

Some really cool stuff there.

Quite what Force India were doing with 5.2mm camber shims though, who knows, that's a pretty extreme change!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R66-4-x-Removeable-camber-suspension-spacer-adjuster-F1-Formula-1-racecar-rally/333295675375

Edit:

They are aluminum too, I'd have thought those parts would take a beating and aluminum would be too soft.  I'm no engineer of course!

Interesting none the less :)

I cannot beleive I wasted 40 minutes of my life watching that. 39 minutes of mind numbing triviality followed by "oh yeah here's the car they'll be driving" which then instantly cut to infuriatingly badly edited close up janky shots of the car that meant you had no real idea what it looked like. They didn't have the car there! A live car reveal with no car.

8 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I cannot beleive I wasted 40 minutes of my life watching that. 39 minutes of mind numbing triviality followed by "oh yeah here's the car they'll be driving" which then instantly cut to infuriatingly badly edited close up janky shots of the car that meant you had no real idea what it looked like. They didn't have the car there! A live car reveal with no car.

Never believe the hype with F1, just watch the races. 

3 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Never believe the hype with F1, just watch the races. 

You mean the hype around the return to F1 of the greatest energy drink Rich Energy is bullshit? At least it will be entertaining bullshit unlike the car launches, it's already delivering.

On 12/02/2021 at 09:57, Dudley said:

I don't know, but it's certainly a reason Ferrari would have agreed to it so readily.  And it's the FIA, it's usually easier just to expect corruption, after all Ferrari got away with an illegal engine for a year because of it already.

Did not expect to be right this quick.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/155053/f1-to-reduce-performance-gaps-despite-engine-freeze