IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

Just now, Corranga said:

The crazy thing is, I think had they not bothered with the lapped cars can't overtake, and let them overtake on the previous lap, as soon as the track was clear, then they likely would have have had the same situation anyway.

Yeah, I was giving it about 50/50.

Just now, MrPogo said:

Letting only the cars between Max and Lewis unlap themselves rather than all of them is certainly a unique take on it not being compulsory to let them do it.

I KNOW!

1 minute ago, Corranga said:

The crazy thing is, I think had they not bothered with the lapped cars can't overtake, and let them overtake on the previous lap, as soon as the track was clear, then they likely would have have had the same situation anyway.

They should have gone one way or the other. For me, if letting them race was the goal, then they should have let them go in the order they were. That’s the only way you could have even attempted to level that playing field for the final and avoid ending under the safety car. 

The half decision is so bad. 

3 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

The sport is entirely farce, made up rules, egos, twats, slave labour, dodgy regimes, oil money, bullshit decisions and occasionally overtaking. 

If you're not enjoying every minute of it then I can't understand what sport you think you've been watching. 

Well this is true. Just seems like to let the 5 cars through about 30 secs before letting the race start again is particularly doing things on the hoof and for how this season has gone that's saying something. 

I wouldn’t have minded who won as long it was fair and square and we did not get that. The wrong man won due to incredible luck and highly questionable stewards decisions. It’s a really terrible way to end a great year.  I’d be just as gutted if Lewis had won for the same reasons. I just wanted a clean end to the championship and we were robbed of that. 

1 minute ago, NexivRed said:

They should have gone one way or the other. For me, if letting them race was the goal, then they should have let them go in the order they were. That’s the only way you could have even attempted to level that playing field for the final and avoid ending under the safety car. 

The half decision is so bad. 

They should have gone only 1 way - let them past.  It's always, ALWAYS what they do, whether the rules say it's not mandatory or not.

(I guess, for the record, I don't think they should ever let them past, and also think blue flag rules need changing, but that's a conversation for another time)

Just now, Corranga said:

How did Bottas end up 6th?  He was behind Sainz (4th / 5th prior to Perez retiring)

I was going to post great job by Carlos to keep the dog Ferrari ahead of the Merc

He did say he was prepared to sacrifice his own race for Hamilton, but completely got the wrong end of the stick somehow.

It's obviously bullshit and broken when someone can be 14 seconds ahead and someone else crashing slashes that to 0. 

Ridiculously entertaining and bonkers though, and as someone who hasn't watched F1 in years I was stunned by the drama of it all.