IGNORED

Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

Just now, Timmo said:

It's obviously bullshit and broken when someone is 14 seconds ahead and someone else crashing slashes that to 0. 

Well let's not litigate that because that's every safety car ever.

I am on long record of saying if you were 14 seconds behind before the SC you should be after. But no series agrees with me.

1 minute ago, JamesTW said:

Dunno, as someone who never watches F1 the bit at the end that everyone’s angry about was by far the best bit, it’s the rest that was rubbish 

And this is the problem, you're tuning in expecting the WWE, which I'm always baffled is allowed on sports channels.

And you got it of course but that's not sport, that's "eNtErTaInMeNt".

There's plenty of that elsewhere, why does it have to fuck up a competition. You might as well introduce random snipers to the Olympic 100m.

A shame really because if you look at the numbers Max really does deserve a title. Then again Lewis utterly deserved it too. They were both leap years ahead of anyone  else this year.

Masi and the FIA bungled it and made an utter hash of things. All of this is the result of years of indecisive, poor leadership in his role. He surely has to go.

But Max had plenty of bad luck this year like Azerbaijan so I can accept he earned himself the position he was in to take the title like he did.

Just now, kiroquai said:

A shame really because if you look at the numbers Max really does deserve a title. Then again Lewis utterly deserved it too. They were both leap years ahead of anyone  else this year.

Masi and the FIA bungled it and made an utter hash of things. All of this is the result of years of indecisive, poor leadership in his role. He surely has to go.

But Max had plenty of bad luck this year like Azerbaijan so I can accept he earned himself the position he was in to take the title like he did.

I mean it's not popular but again Max lost 43 points from unlucky red flags. And gained 2 from lucky ones.

But that's sport.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

And this is the problem, you're tuning in expecting the WWE, which I'm always baffled is allowed on sports channels.

There's plenty of that elsewhere, why does it have to fuck up a competition. You might as well introduce random snipers to the Olympic 100m.

Plot twist Squid games becomes an Olympic event

Oh dear.

Regardless of your opinion this is a mess for the sport. It's drama over all else. I don't support either of these two (or anyone). But I'm simply sour on the way the teams and the race director behaved throughout. The begging. The responding.

I hope this is protested. I hope the result is changed. Not because I want Lewis to win. But because I want harm done to the sport and management itself. I want people to be confused why the man they saw won the championship didn't.

It's been a stunning season. It should be a crowning moment to have a championship go to the wire. But instead it's just said it's pointless. It's said that we should follow the movies rather than sport.

Masi should resign after than response to Toto. Felt like an admission of needing to make a show.

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

It's obviously bullshit and broken when someone is 14 seconds ahead and someone else crashing slashes that to 0. 

To be fair, if we look at it like that, the rules gave Lewis an entire lap back in Imola, where he managed to come from 1 lap down to 2nd due to a red flag.  In F1 sometimes that's the way it falls.

(I'm not condoning what happened today, just the 14 seconds thing)

Surely a protest is coming. The reason let all cars passed or no cars passed is fairness to all drivers. What are the drivers thinking who weren't allowed to overtake? They were robbed of possible overtaking options. Crazy decisions. 

Just now, morcs said:

Am I the only one that loved it?

Look at the bigger picture, why race if the rules are decided on the hoof by an idiot in full knowledge of who he's deciding things in favour of?

It's fun, once maybe, but it's not sport.

If you want drama may I introduce you to the MCU.

Just now, Dudley said:

F1 is entertainment. If it was a pure sport it would be "build the fastest car you can". There are regulations and all sorts of bullshit, like DRS. It's not like the 100m - "run this distance as fast as you can without taking drugs". There is no elegance and stripped back purity to F1. 

For every one person here bemoaning the purity of decisions there's 10 new people being brought to the sport by stuff like the Netflix drama. I haven't given a flying fuck about F1 for years, but the Netflix show gave me a window into the personalities of all the teams and now I follow it. And that's what it is (and what the Netflix drama reminded me) it's about human drama. Horner being a bit of a dick. Hamilton being about as sincere as a Tesco greetings card. Riccardio being a #bantsmaster. The cars are secondary. This ending, with all the controversy and weirdness and whining is brilliant for F1 and will help it push back on the rise of huge challenges coming from e-sports and a thousand other ways people might want to spend their time. 

48.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. This will only apply to cars that were lapped at the time they crossed the Line at the end of the lap during which they crossed the first Safety Car line for the second time after the safety car was deployed.

Having overtaken the cars on the lead lap and the safety car these cars should then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and make every effort to take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car. Whilst they are overtaking, and in order to ensure this may be carried out safely, the cars on the lead lap must always stay on the racing line unless deviating from it is unavoidable. Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.

If the clerk of the course considers track conditions are unsuitable for overtaking the message "OVERTAKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED" will be sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system.

Presented without editorial.

1 minute ago, jonamok said:

Anyway, in all of this emotion, let’s not forget the real villain today. Fuck you Latifi. One fucking job.

Pretty sure it has been every single race weekend this year he has stuck it in the wall at some point.