Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - #Michael Messy

T Pot

37 minutes ago, McCoy said:

I mean, if Max or Lewis had won the title in Brazil and this was just a dead rubber GP, do we think Masi would have made the same decisions?

Yeah. If this wasn’t a final race title decider they’d simply have finished under the safety car and no one would have thought much of it, and if by some crazy turn of events this had happened at any other race I’m sure the Mercedes protest would have been upheld and the result rolled back a lap.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm missing something. Any means all, no?

Apparently not. 

If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the Safety Car.

6 hours ago, mexos said:

The Muk F1 threads:

2018 - 106 pages: Lewis wins while out for a Sunday drive.

2019 - 94 pages: Lewis falls asleep at the wheel and wins.

2020 - 194 pages: Lewis wins with 18 races to go.

2021  - 338 pages and counting!: A challenger appears. 

I think the thing with the first lap lunge is that max might well have kept it between the white lines, but only because Hamilton got out of his way. There was no ceding the place to Max because there was simply nowhere else to go. 

Again, Lewis avoided the crash, so I was happy when he didn't have to give anything back. 

And as we later discovered, just because you overtake a car, doesn't mean you've actually really overtaken it. It was a mm at best which isn't really overtaking is it! Mike says it's hardly overtaking so yeah. Nothing happening. 

18 hours ago, McCoy said:

Can Mercedes keep the team and reduce the headcount to two drivers and a support dog? 

In theory yes if you can run 2 legal cars with that then there's no minimum staffing requirement I'm aware of.

Why Mercedes would give up a 1/3rd share in a top tier F1 team to do that would be a different question.

It would actually literally be cheaper for Mercedes to run the team properly for the next 3 years and sell it then to pull it out of the sport.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Today's prize giving ceremony is the cut off for any appeal isn't it? I wonder if Merc/Lewis will turn up. 

Certain elements of the tabloid press heavily inferred he was being a sore loser for not attending the pre-event photoshoot yesterday, conveniently not mentioning it’s because he was being Knighted at the time.

I did kinda want Mercedes to take the appeal all the way but equally can see why at some point you just need to draw a line and focus on next season. 

It helps that Max is a worthy winner and had more unlucky moments during the season than Hamilton. It is just a shame that one of the greatest seasons ever has, I think, being forever sullied by unsporting race control decisions in the last 5 laps of the last race. 

I'll go back to a previous post. You don't lose the world title on a single lap. 

They really should be at the gala representing the whole team and delivering a message. They still won the constructors. Its only Lewis that has lost out but the 7 titles will soften that blow. He's shown his class and I don't think this has been a terrible outcome for him. His stock has risen with the way he acted.