Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!

T Pot

51 minutes ago, T Pot said:

I read that somewhere else this week and I'm not sure where. Apparently Alfa are no longer tied to having one of Ferraris drivers in their car, so they could be replacing both drivers this year.

I can confirm this, from next year both driver choices are "Sauber's". I would be genuinely fascinated to see if 2nd year Mick could match Bottas.

I suspect he could.

EDIT : @Sidewaysbob AG's seat is decided by Ferrari, if he stays next year he's got the dirt!

17 hours ago, mexos said:

I. Can’t. Watch. This. Guys. Videos. Anymore. Because. He. Talks. Like. This. And. It. Drives. Me. Spare.

I thought all you English types talked like that. :ph34r: 😜

Anyway. Has this been posted yet?

"We had the feedback from senior management of Red Bull that Max was fine. Christian [Horner] mentioned it to [F1 race director] Michael Masi on the intercom that he's unharmed and fine, and the FIA gave us similar feedback.

"So at no point would we have celebrated if Max would have been injured. And I think that's very important to understand."

:coffee:

13 minutes ago, wev said:

But THE NARRATIVE! 

Red Bull now scrambling like Boris's spox team did to make the timeline of when he went to Chequers to fit the narrative.

If this was netflix Max was swerving to avoid a cute bunny that had hopped onto the circuit at copse. Whilst Lewis would be holding Max's granny hostage in the back of his car and flicking the Vs at max , and laughing, and ripping up a picture of the dutch football team, and disrespecting Jos. All at once. Like a Boss. 

Netflixs, never knowingly underplaying a drama. 

8 hours ago, Meers said:

I thought all you English types talked like that. :ph34r: 😜

Anyway. Has this been posted yet?

It is worth mentioning that in @Meers, myself and @mexos were racing against a furious Dutchman almost a decade before it became the ‘cool’ thing.

Thankfully I never punted him off the road, else he’d have broken my fingers over Xbox Live just by shouting.

35 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

It is worth mentioning that in @Meers, myself and @mexos were racing against a furious Dutchman almost a decade before it became the ‘cool’ thing.

Thankfully I never punted him off the road, else he’d have broken my fingers over Xbox Live just by shouting.

@Meersis Meerman from 360 Forza 3/4 right? 

Straight from the F1 website. In my mind this all but confirms he is out. I don’t think Toto would say this if he was staying. 

But with Wolff asked after the race about Bottas’ future, and whether he – having first worked with Bottas when they were at Williams together – would help the Finn to find a seat should Mercedes decide not to renew his contract, Wolff replied: “If we were to come to the situation that we wanted to give somebody else a go, then it’s not only my relationship with him but also [my] responsibility that he has a great future. Because he deserves that.

18 minutes ago, layten said:

I wonder when FOM will quietly tell Red Bull to shut the fuck up.

Given that they run four cars, an engine company, and are the main source of new drivers for the sport, never?

3 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Given that they run four cars, an engine company, and are the main source of new drivers for the sport, never?

In the mean time the marketing arm of the purveyor of fizzy piss water is bringing the sport into disrepute by constantly accusing its most successful ever driver of purposely driving somebody off the track, whining about punishments, lying about drivers celebrating while thinking their driver was in hospital and constantly threating legal action.

I'm sure Horner will be ramping it up next week in the build up to the next race. Emboldening all the racist shitheads again.

I really hope Sky don't have Horner on the pitwall during the Hungarian GP because he's going to be unbearable.

I've also seen lots of comments about Max not being an aggressive driver and having no points on his license and I remember him spinning Perez out in Portugal last year that was somehow only a racing incident

Hasn't Max been close to a race ban before?

According to this Max has accrued 21 points (equal to Grosjean, more than The Torpedo) since the penalty points system was introduced, Hamilton has had just over half that, including his current tally of 4.

Max has also had the highest total points in a single season twice.

Indeed, Max has always enjoyed a bit of reputation as an "elbows out" driver. 

His fans consider it to be exciting, I think it's just kind of wanky and dangerous. 

Also any student of F1 history knows that coming second every race will always beat the death or glory, win at all cost, 3 wins a year drivers. Prost made a career out of it 

18 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Indeed, Max has always enjoyed a bit of reputation as an "elbows out" driver. 

His fans consider it to be exciting, I think it's just kind of wanky and dangerous. 

Also any student of F1 history knows that coming second every race will always beat the death or glory, win at all cost, 3 wins a year drivers. Prost made a career out of it 

Well, they do until someone does to him what he does to everyone else and then they cry incredibly sugary tears

14 hours ago, layten said:

In the mean time the marketing arm of the purveyor of fizzy piss water is bringing the sport into disrepute by constantly accusing its most successful ever driver of purposely driving somebody off the track, whining about punishments, lying about drivers celebrating while thinking their driver was in hospital and constantly threating legal action.

I'm sure Horner will be ramping it up next week in the build up to the next race. Emboldening all the racist shitheads again.

True but the FIA got themselves in this mess, they can't afford to lose a team and they certainly can't afford to lose 2.

That's how Red Bull got what they wanted with engines despite it being entirely anti-F1.

No F1 this weekend, if it wasn’t for COVID I’d be tempted to go and watch the formula e. It’s only 3 and a bit miles from me.

The circuit is proper lols, some what were you thinking stuff. The race will have some huge F1 game style Monaco pile ups at about 25 mph.

Hope they come back next year and that the Gen3 is a more dynamic, faster car.

On 22/07/2021 at 19:41, wev said:

Ugh fuck this shite. Max fans are mostly that - Max fans. They aren't racing fans in the slightest, just there to cheer Max on. Seen it myself at the Spa race in '16 when Max and Kimi crashed in La Source on the first lap, more than half of the Max fans left for home after Max emilimated himself.

Hello? What about the rest of the race?

On 22/07/2021 at 23:01, kiroquai said:

I've calmed down considerably over the years, my English friend. 😅

On 22/07/2021 at 23:37, wev said:

@Meersis Meerman from 360 Forza 3/4 right? 

On 22/07/2021 at 23:39, kiroquai said:

Indeed! A true legend in his own windmill lifetime.

On 23/07/2021 at 10:03, marsh said:

Someone that swears more than @McSpeed ? not possible.

Too much honor really, lads. And McSpeed swears? What a time to be alive!

So the new car that can currently be viewed has no DRS. The rear looks pretty aerodynamic and I can’t see how they’re going to pop a flap in unless they totally change it. 

Think this will stick?

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - No refunds for you!
  • Kryptonian changed the title to Formula One 2021 - DRAMA - Can we be nice?