Formula One 2021 - You spin me right round

3 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

I think that’s a bit harsh/early - need a better angle. Looks like Bottas didn’t know he was there and was moving to the right.  

I'm talking about going up to a driver who has just had a massive crash, is still sat in the car because he's winded or injured and then having a go at and then hitting said driver. Deplorable. 

Racing incident for me. Bottas moved a bit, but there was space. George understandably reacted, got on the grass and boom.

Not too fussed about their reactions in the aftermath either. Adrenaline running pretty high after being in the wall at 150mph, imagine both will regret it later when cooler heads prevail.

1 minute ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I'm talking about going up to a driver who has just had a massive crash, is still sat in the car because he's winded or injured and then having a go at and then hitting said driver. Deplorable. 

I'm not convinced, as yet, that that's what happened. On first look, I thought George was just giving him a friendly pat on the back as it were, but time will tell.

2 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Racing incident for me. Bottas moved a bit, but there was space. George understandably reacted, got on the grass and boom.

Not too fussed about their reactions in the aftermath either. Adrenaline running pretty high after being in the wall at 150mph, imagine both will regret it later when cooler heads prevail.

Yeah, Bottas started a chain reaction but didn’t actually quite move far enough to push him off.

6 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

So at the restart do the lapped cars - eg Lewis - have an opportunity to unlap  themselves?

Yes, they do it seems. 

At least we still (hopefully) have a race on.... Max would have walked it without this red flag which would have been a disappointing end to the race. 

Hopefully this is Hamilton's one bad race of the season. He's usually so clean and there's been two in this race including a reenactment of Germany 2019. 

5 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I agree with @kiroquai, but just saw the replay and not sure Russell was going to have a go necessarily until Bottas gave him the finger!

I'm not saying it's a penalty but only one person caused that and it was Bottas not paying attention to the race.

That said, it's proof DRS is a safety hazard.  We spent years stopping cars 7% slower racing and now we try to create it at every opportunity.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'm not convinced, as yet, that that's what happened. On first look, I thought George was just giving him a friendly pat on the back as it were, but time will tell.

Not sure Bottas would have flipped him the bird if it was a friendly pat on the back

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Having just seen the slow mo, that was a response to Bottas giving him the finger.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Hopefully this is Hamilton's one bad race of the season. He's usually so clean and there's been two in this race including a reenactment of Germany 2019. 

Netflix lol?

I like Ted, but saying they should have been more respectful of the corner because of Senna directly after 150mph crash is one of the most ridiculous takes we'll hear all season.

2 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Not sure Bottas would have flipped him the bird if it was a friendly pat on the back

Doesn’t he flip him off first though?

4 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

Having just seen the slow mo, that was a response to Bottas giving him the finger.

But what response? Was it a take the weakest slap to the helmet in history or an "ok mate, I can see you're upset but take a friendly pat on the back type gesture?" 

Just now, LowCostMonkey said:

Either way, that was a huge crash. A driver was a killed in that wall in big crash. He should have been going over to check he was ok, not to berate him.

Maybe he was until that's how he was greeted?

If he wanted to smack him one that was a very calm walk.

1 minute ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Either way, that was a huge crash. A driver was a killed in that wall in big crash. He should have been going over to check he was ok, not to berate him.

Again, you're assuming he wasn't. He may well have been doing just that.

1 minute ago, John0 said:

I like Ted, but saying they should have been more respectful of the corner because of Senna directly after 150mph crash is one of the most ridiculous takes we'll hear all season.

Yes, complete idiot, easily the most disrespectful thing that came out of all of this.

I have a lot of time for Ted, but he really does need to engage the think before you speak filter more often than anyone else on the Sky team, Crofty included.

Just now, Dudley said:

Are they really letting drivers have a free lap because someone else crashed?

Sake.

Unlapping themselves so that they can restart from the correct positions and with the right amount of fuel and tyre usage, isn’t it?

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Again, you're assuming he wasn't. He may well have been doing just that.

True but I felt that his body language was unmistakable personally and coupled with Bottas reacting to him by flipping him the bird. But you're right, I don't know for definite.  

Just now, Sidewaysbob said:

You've clearly never watched American racing, they even give one car a lucky bonus lap back. 

I am well aware of the (sigh) "Lucky dog".  

Then again that makes marginally more sense than this.

• Mr Tony changed the title to Formula One 2021 - You spin me right round