Formula One 2021 - You spin me right round

I should clarify that the above is the 2020 car with the 2021 livery - seems most people on Twitter were confused by that this morning.

But yes, the American F1 team racing with a Russian flag as a livery is wryly amusing for various reasons :)

MURICA’S F1 TEAM.

As a livery I think it looks alright ... from some angles.

Gene really must be selling. The American F1 team narrative is over forever after this.

12 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

That livery is amazing for so many reasons, none of them good. 

This, and the main sponsor is Uralkali................which is the potash fertilizer company run by none other than.....Dimitri Mazepin. It looks like a formula 2 car.

I fully expect Gene to sell out the whole lot, and probably do another stretch in chokey for further illegal tax affairs. Is Gene Hass a bit of a cunt?

5 minutes ago, marsh said:

I fully expect Gene to sell out the whole lot, and probably do another stretch in chokey for further illegal tax affairs. Is Gene Hass a bit of a cunt?

Gene was contemplating closing up shop at the end of last season from what I read. Decided to stay in, not long later the Mazepins dropped their lawsuit against Racing point for the team not being sold to them. 

I'm willing to bet they stay HAAS this year, then the team is bought by Uralkali before the 2022 season starts. 

Gene gets out, the Mazepins get their own team without the expensive setup costs.

It's amusing to note that Mazapin is currently not allowed to compete under the Russian flag but it is apparently absolutely fine for him to be sat in the middle of one with wheels on each corner.

19 hours ago, mexos said:

Just as much as black words on chrome.

fz86nvncucl21.jpg

I mean, except for the half that car that isn't?

19 hours ago, wev said:

I really like it too, I do think it's disappointing to lose the mostly pink BWT car though and hopefully Williams/Haas have something to announce regarding that, specifically Williams so that we don't have another white car on the grid.

BWT is on the Aston and will only be on the Aston this year, they decided against going elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure Haas has already decided to sell to Mazapin Sr and the reason the deal hasn't been officially signed off and announced is the whole thing about Mazapin Jr a few months back. I don't think I've witnessed many efforts as half-arsed (or half-haased) as these guys are going to be this year. They've already said they're not developing the car at all and focussing on 2022.

4 hours ago, kiroquai said:

It's amusing to note that Mazapin is currently not allowed to compete under the Russian flag

What will he be then?

On 02/03/2021 at 23:13, Corranga said:

The numbers in the Merc will be almost completely pointless when the car is moving, you can barely see them when it’s static. I thought F1 was trying to do some American / NASCAR thing with the numbers/drivers as a brand.

Not really needed, Bottas will be the second placed one.

2 hours ago, kiroquai said:

I'm pretty sure Haas has already decided to sell to Mazapin Sr and the reason the deal hasn't been officially signed off and announced is the whole thing about Mazapin Jr a few months back. I don't think I've witnessed many efforts as half-arsed (or half-haased) as these guys are going to be this year. They've already said they're not developing the car at all and focussing on 2022.

Feels likely doesn't it?

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

What will he be then?

Autosport says:
"Mazepin will not be able to be classified as a Russian driver for his rookie F1 season, but is expected to compete as a "neutral athlete from Russia", as permitted by the ruling."

Luckily, I don't think we'll be in the situation where the FIA have to find "neutral athlete from Russia.mp3" for the podium.

Mazepin has the wretched stench of Maldonado about him. I'll bet there's a seven minute crash highlight reel for his adventures in the coming season alone:

15 hours ago, Corranga said:

Autosport says:
"Mazepin will not be able to be classified as a Russian driver for his rookie F1 season, but is expected to compete as a "neutral athlete from Russia", as permitted by the ruling."

Luckily, I don't think we'll be in the situation where the FIA have to find "neutral athlete from Russia.mp3" for the podium.

You just need something from Russia whose title describes Mazepin perfectly.

Well that was easy.

31 minutes ago, ryodi said:
Just need Turkey back on the calendar now.

I recon it will be on standby, if not pencilled in for the almost inevitable cancellation of some events.

27 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

So someone has extracted the Williams livery out of this AR App that they're launching through.

Hide contents

156683388_448471423063244_2487050035633982361_o.thumb.jpg.4dfd5271e988d33012412bf47d465560.jpg

:unsure:

I hope not, not least because after a year after the new professional commercial owners, they've actually lost sponsors.

I see 3 names there that aren't suppliers and they are all "Latifi".

• T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - It's Race Weekend!
  • T Pot changed the title to Formula One 2021 - You spin me right round