Christmas Gaming 2020

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

How is everyone’s plan going?

4yo had a good blast on Sonic but has now got completely hooked on Lego City Undercover and we are already on the rationing stage. :facepalm:

Mum/in-law gaming tour didn't happen in the end as someone my Mum had contact with someone last week who got randomly tested by ONS for the national covid surgery and got an asymptomatic positive result which meant my Mum had to isolate and couldn't come to ours after all :( She's fine though more than a week on and if she's clear she can come over for NYE instead (we're all in a support bubble) so I'll show her a few games then.

From my side I finished Squadrons and Call of the Sea as planned, and I'm now 9 chapters into Uncharted 4. Enjoying it so far, it's basically just a gorgeous clone of Uncharted 3 to be honest but that isn't a criticism, I've enjoyed all of them for the Indiana Jones style romp they are.

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

Started Skyrim again, because it's better than anything else I can think of playing. 

I had a slew of games as pressies this Xmas, probably the most I have had in years. Haven’t bothered with any of them (with the exception of Star Wars Squadrons) and instead have put all of my time into Skyrim. 

Its brilliant, haven't played it since the 360 and it feels like a new game, especially with 60 FPS. Bits I remember here and there, Bleak Falls Barrow etc, but most of it I must have forgot. Spent most of my time building a new house and hunting for ore etc between clearing the odd dungeon.

Oh, and Yakuza 0 on Gamepass. So here's to old games that I have played before feeling fresher than anything released this year!

Going great - I mainlined Pikmin 3 over the course of a couple of afternoons and have completed the first set of side missions (what I assume was the first DLC on the Wii U version), with one more to go before putting it to bed. 

I also had my first real attempt at Ring Fit Adventure, and... it’s surprisingly demanding! It’s exactly what I hoped for, I’m sure I’ll be ripped in no time. 

The kids finally unwrapped their Switch today - not seen them in 12 days, the longest I've ever been away from them. It's been a lovely day.

Daughter and I are going to play through Luigi's Mansion 3 tomorrow, whilst I try to persuade her older brother to play something that isn't fucking Fortnite. 

Finally got round to finishing "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood" (those damn score challenges) ... then started and finished (100% gamerscore) Call Of The Sea, Dead Space (360), River City Girls, and, my favourite 2020 Christmas game by a mile, Lumo, which was full of lovely references to UK gaming history that seemed to have been created just for me, and a real challenge with the "finite lives" mode that took me right back to the days of trying to beat Head Over Heels on my Spectrum as a kid. A heavy dollop of nostalgia always makes a good Christmas.

I've been playing a lot of Suikoden and think that'll be might first 2021 completion. It's...not very good. I've also been dabbling a bit with Vostock Inc, a cross between an incremental clicker and twin-stick shooter.

On 26/12/2020 at 20:51, Thor said:

:D

I love how UC4's ending has that magical quality that almost makes you want to go through all the games again. 

Almost. ;)

Yeah I just finished Uncharted 1 again after firing it up yesterday on the remaster collection :lol: 

Yeah, it’s dated, it’s simplistic but it still holds up well and the story still has that hook.  And the music is brilliance.

Yeah, some of the fights go on a bit long and drag tha game out longer than it needs to, but 1 still has a great story. 

2 is truly great, obviously ...

tenor.gif?itemid=11818340

As for 3 ...

Rpi4aoh.jpg?fb

Boxed off Uncharted 4 last night after 15 odd hours. I really enjoyed it despite the traditional terrible combat/cover systems that all the series has. The platforming was great though, and I thought the visuals and writing were a cut above where they have been before. The epilogue was just lovely too and a really nice way to round off the Nathan Drake story. I hope they never make another one but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

Just purchased Gris so think I may give that a whirl next before getting back into something meatier.