IGNORED

Edge #354 | Silksong

Mr Do 71

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

So subs have only just got theirs? I thought this was in shops today.

Sometimes exclusive reveals (Silksong) mean subs get theirs the same time as the rest of the world.

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Also looking forward to this thread being filled with the gnashing and wailing of Cyberpunk/Age of Calamity fans...

A 7 for a mousou game is actually pretty good. 

56 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Also looking forward to this thread being filled with the gnashing and wailing of Cyberpunk/Age of Calamity fans...

Ironically, I always enjoy the inevitable comments like yours that usually crop up in these type of threads.

14 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Is this Jen Simpkins' last issue as editor?

Her announcement of where she's going never got posted in the last issue's topic:

I have never heard of media molecule and in trying to find out where she'd gone ("mm magazine") I thought she'd gone to a French men's gay magazine.

17 minutes ago, Nick R said:

Is this Jen Simpkins' last issue as editor?

Her announcement of where she's going never got posted in the last issue's topic:

So THAT'S why LBP and Dreams got 10s! ;)

Anyway, SILKSONG, SILKSONG, SILKSONG!

Any mention of a release date?

38 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Without going into the Cyberpunk score (I love it but can totally see why in its current state it got a 7, especially if you take platforms that aren't the PC into account), a 6 for Immortals is really harsh.

The review text is fair though.
Even if the author has perhaps played a little too much Hades!

9 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I have never heard of media molecule and in trying to find out where she'd gone ("mm magazine") I thought she'd gone to a French men's gay magazine.

I was like "Mean Machines? Surely that doesn't still exist?"

I’ve subbed again, for the first time in well over a decade, and I must say I timed it well. Team Cherry have been so tight-lipped about Silksong, with very little appearing on the web about it, that this month’s Edge exclusive makes for compulsory, compulsive reading.

This feels just like what reading a games magazine used to feel like - pouring over every screenshot, every gameplay detail, carefully, and with the knowledge that this could be it until the game comes out or the review text is published. Brilliant. 

Being able to just reach across to my side table from bed, open the Edge app and hit the download button sure beats a 3 hour round trip to central London on the hunt for an elusive print copy, too. 

23 minutes ago, Popo said:

This feels just like what reading a games magazine used to feel like - pouring over every screenshot, every gameplay detail, carefully, and with the knowledge that this could be it until the game comes out or the review text is published. Brilliant. 

Nailed it.

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Totally agree with this and this is the first copy of Edge I have had for years (at its release date).  Not sure what it is but great vibes scrolling through this issue.

It feels like a lot of outlets seem to be moving away from traditional GotY lists recently. I think that's a bit of a shame. I've always really enjoyed settling down with a coffee and reading through them this time of year. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that RLLMUK's Awards for 2020 will very much be a list of games without anything interesting or different about it.