Mr Robot - does it stay good?

Pob

I finished it a couple of days ago as well. Was on 2-3 episodes a day towards the end, trying to get it done before my Prime membership ended!

I thought it was amazing as well. It has that confidence that I associate with Lindelof's work (especially Watchmen) where the creators seem in full control of the material and know exactly how to keep the audience guessing and entertained. The visual style and soundtrack choices were all top-notch - really cinematic.

It felt pretty well planned out, with perhaps some extra (good) padding in the middle. I feel like Esmail knew where it was going right from the pilot, as the last few episodes tie everything together beautifully.

I also liked what it was saying about identity and deconstructing the idea of the individual. For all the awesome hacking scenes, Elliot's mind was the real heart of the show.

5 minutes ago, And said:

I think the Christmas hack was one of my favourite episodes

Hide contents

Did you notice nobody speaks the whole way through?

No, I totally did not notice that! It was my favourite episode too, a real showcase for the directing and writing talents involved.

Season 2 was rough. Just really harsh and tough to get through, and overwhelmingly tense, stodgy. I did feel it was draining enough in S1, so kicking it up a notch was a bit too much nearly for me. But my bro has recommended it to me for years, so stuck with it - almost certainly wouldn’t have otherwise. 

Yeah, it gets loads better.

I'm hoping you all noticed the single take for 30 mins and the camera going to places it could not have in a certain episode in S3. 

And that Axe scene made me sit up and pay attention to Bobby Carnivale's career. 

19 hours ago, Pob said:

No, I totally did not notice that! It was my favourite episode too, a real showcase for the directing and writing talents involved.

14 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Wtf! How on earth did I not even notice that.

to be honest neither did I until my friend pointed it out and I had to watch it again. It’s just so tense and exciting that you’re totally sucked into what they are doing 

I just binged all four series and I thought it was incredible. Its definitely one of those programs that I'll read up on afterwards to see what I missed and would be a satisfying rewatch at some point in the future armed with the knowledge of what is going on.