Machine Games Indiana Jones Project - No Time For Bugs Dr. Jones

Wow. I in mean it’s not a bad gaming history as a franchise. Atlantis was a brilliant story and the infernal machine was a decent attempt. Presumably they want to rival uncharted, rather than it harking back the point and click days but interested to see what they do with it. 

It's good of them to be upfront about this:

"It'll be some time before we have more to reveal"

but it always elicits the same feeling in me of "well why did you fucking bother mentioning it then".

I'm thinking this might be more akin to Riddick than Wolfenstein: first-person melee focus, cuts to third-person during dialogue or certain forms of traversal.

Of course there's a good chance they don't even know what the game is yet. Guessing the ink's barely dry on the contract, like when Avengers was first announced.

15 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

that annoys me for some reason. It's not like they didn't already have a name they could use for games...

You mean, like:

IJatLC-GraphicAdventure-front.thumb.jpg.31f119a248a86ebf45fa08a9d7e4cf70.jpg

You whippersnappers and your "Lucasarts"!

It'll be interesting to see how they do this, as suspect a first person shooter wouldn't be the ideal way to capture the vibe of the films. I would hazard a guess that they're going to do a Respawn and move away from the style of the games they're best known for - while you clip a lot of Nazis in the Wolfenstein games, an Indy game with the same level of violence would make Temple of Doom look like Dora the Explorer. And obviously a game where you just brutalise Nazis / Indians / Russians / Chinese people (depending on which film you're talking about) wouldn't really capture the tone of the films.

I guess the trouble is that there's already been quite a few Indiana Jones games in the form of the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games, which cover the Indiana Jones core values of stealth, climbing, solving implausible puzzles, swinging on things, and of course brutally killing people without remorse. I don't know how you'd approach an Indy game when the territory has already been so thoroughly colonised by other games over the years, beyond going for the same thing but with the authenticity of having the original tomb defiler / foreigner-puncher.

4 hours ago, layten said:

MachineGames... Well this aint gonna be a point'n'click.

Dual wields pistols all up in some Nazi faces.

Always loved in the films when he dual wielded uzis.

“Hasta la vista, ahzole!”

Spielberg at his finest.

12 hours ago, Ry said:

Machine Games have only made First person shooters. Would be a surprise if this was third person. 

No way will an Indiana Jones game in which the entire point is that you are Indiana Jones be first person. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

No way will an Indiana Jones game in which the entire point is that you are Indiana Jones be first person. 

Surely you are *more* Indiana Jones if you're actually looking through his eyes??

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

:hmm:

Ever played Chronicles of Riddick? You saw him in the cutscenes, you heard his voice throughout - and during gameplay you actually were Riddick. Immersive as fuck, Dr. Jones! So either perspective would work imo

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Ever played Chronicles of Riddick? You saw him in the cutscenes, you heard his voice throughout - and during gameplay you actually were Riddick. Immersive as fuck, Dr. Jones! So either perspective would work imo

I think a precedent has already been set with games such as Tomb Raider & Uncharted so it will be interesting to see if they deviate from that formula - Riddick is a good example albeit a fairly unique one. I can’t imagine any game featuring Indiana Jones not wanting him in full view at all times though and going for the full cinematic experience.