Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 12/02(Switch)

For me its not the actual difficulty that's frustrating on Champions Road, its the repetition of having to do all the previous sections again. It's like the shitty bonfire runs in the Souls games, a punishment of time - with only a couple of seconds of actually getting to try the bit you are stuck on before you plummet to your death.

For me its not the actual difficulty that's frustrating on Champions Road, its the repetition of having to do all the previous sections again. It's like the shitty bonfire runs in the Souls games, a punishment of time.

21 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

For me its not the actual difficulty that's frustrating on Champions Road, its the repetition of having to do all the previous sections again. It's like the shitty bonfire runs in the Souls games, a punishment of time - with only a couple of seconds of actually getting to try the bit you are stuck on before you plummet to your death.

21 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

For me its not the actual difficulty that's frustrating on Champions Road, its the repetition of having to do all the previous sections again. It's like the shitty bonfire runs in the Souls games, a punishment of time.

If this was deliberate, that’s genius. 

11 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

But you will be completing the level another four times after that, in order to beat it with every character. Plenty of chances to get the golden flagpole. Not sure what the problem is here.

Is there some benefit to completing every level with every character? 

Beat Champions Road yesterday. The good news is the golden flagpole is basically impossible to miss so we can all rest easy tonight.

The strategy that really helped for me was tanooki suit almost start-to-finish, just switching to cat Mario for the double vertical walls bit.

I feel like the equivalent level in Odyssey was trickier, but that was almost four years ago now so hard to remember exactly.

• 1 month later...