IGNORED

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 12/02(Switch)

bear

I completed this on the Wii U and thought it was great, but not quite up there with Galaxy, so the way that it's been eulogised since has always left me feeling a little left out. I've pre-ordered the steelbook all the same, however, and I'm looking forward to finding out if it can match the hype second time around.

• 2 weeks later...

What’s this like as a single player experience?

Have about £90 of eShop vouchers so going to do that 2 Nintendo games for £84 or whatever it is. Planning to get Pikmin 3 and then either this or the 3D all stars collection. Only really play solo though so won’t bother with this if I can’t get 20+ hours of it in single player. 

16 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

What’s this like as a single player experience?

Have about £90 of eShop vouchers so going to do that 2 Nintendo games for £84 or whatever it is. Planning to get Pikmin 3 and then either this or the 3D all stars collection. Only really play solo though so won’t bother with this if I can’t get 20+ hours of it in single player. 

Whatever you do Pikmin 3 has given our house hours and hours of entertainment. I’m just about to preorder 3D world, I’m just a bit done with Mario stuff atm (don’t hate me)

On 25/01/2021 at 01:37, Jamie John said:

I completed this on the Wii U and thought it was great, but not quite up there with Galaxy, so the way that it's been eulogised since has always left me feeling a little left out. I've pre-ordered the steelbook all the same, however, and I'm looking forward to finding out if it can match the hype second time around.

Didn't know there was a steelbook.  Pre-ordered.

Already have a Japanese cart pre-ordered, but I love steelbooks.

2 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Lots of positive reviews coming in for this now.

Nintendo Life gave it 10/10 for example.

I would strongly advise against reading IGN's 7/10 review. 

Actually, read it. It's utterly ridiculous. One of the complaints is how he found himself having to kill himself to Game Over in order to start a level with 5 lives instead of just 1 or 2. I stopped reading at that point, because it made me really cross!

Excellent game really enjoyed it back on the WIi U! Glad more people are getting to experience it. Almost re-bought a Wii U a few weeks back to play this amongst other things again - however the Wii and the Marios on that are keeping me busy at the moment! :) 

26 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Bowsers Fury is kinda a weird inclusion here since (cats aside) it seems pretty different from 3D World. I wonder if it started off as a completely separate game.

Sounds fairly substantial too, looking forward to it. Oh, and mine has been dispatched. 

The IGN guy who gave it a 7 also gave Immortals and Origami King 7s.

Apart from that he seems to mostly write news stories about Hearthstone and similar nonsense, rather than reviewing games. 

Edit - christ the guy has been writing about fucking Hearthstone for years and years and years. That would crush anyone's soul.