IGNORED

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 12/02(Switch)

bear

9 minutes ago, three1ne said:

Does it suffer as a solo game? Am I even meant to play it solo?

I've been wondering whether I should be playing it solo or with my housemates also. As I've never played it part of me just wants to savour it on my own first but I've heard there's a lot less exploring than other Mario games due to its linearity and have also heard people say the levels can feel a bit empty if you're playing it on your own so I'm not sure.

I'm sure it's a great game either way and I'm stressing unnecessarily over the 'best' way to experience it.

1 hour ago, Yiggy said:

I still consider it a solo game but one that has a really good multiplayer mode when you want to. 

I’d say it’s the other way around. The levels are clearly designed for multiplayer in terms of how wide they are. They would feel a bit too big and empty playing it solo IMO, having experienced the multi. Of course, if that’s the only way you can play, it’s fine.

2 hours ago, three1ne said:

Amazing. So this weekend I'll be playing a completely new Mario game. Woop!

Likewise. I'm actually really looking forward to it knowing very little about the original. As much as I enjoyed Odyssey's open levels a bit of traditional linear Mario action is no bad thing at all. 

18 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Anyone had their shopto one yet? Also, for those coming in fresh...I hate you.

I agree, I’m excited to play again, but to the newcomers; you’re in for a treat :) 

I last played this with my little boy when he was 5. I had carry him around(literally!) a lot of the time or he’d float around in a bubble. I’m looking forward to playing with him now to see how he’s come on. He’s better than me at Fortnite now, so I’m expecting a bit of a challenge! :) 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Simplygames have sent mine today. I don’t reckon RoyalFail will be so efficient to deliver to me for tomorrow. Didn’t they used to send stuff mega early?  

Everyone did but I think they got a bollocking from publishers for shipping early.

My Royal Mail tracking says tomorrow by 15:00. 

I found another package sticking half out my letter box this afternoon. 

I am nervous about tomorrow. :unsure:

Every courier is happy to bring packages to the front door. Except Royal Fail. They always jam it half-way in the post box, for any passer-by to lift. Or if it’s too big for the post box, just take it back with them to the depot. Sorry for the rant, but they really are useless. 

Royal Mail do my nut in that regard. We live in a shared block of flats - it don't matter if it is tracked, needs a signature, whatever, they will leave it by the mail boxes regardless even if it won't fit in the mail box. Every other service will bring it to our flat door. So every now and then something gets pinched.

Decided to buy 3D All-Stars as the other digital game to get with my voucher.

It may not be the best but if it's being delisted from the eShop in March it's probably smart to get it now and then pick up Odyssey again when it's on sale (by sale I mean "not a ridiculous £50!!")