Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 12/02(Switch)

31 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Decided to buy 3D All-Stars as the other digital game to get with my voucher.

It may not be the best but if it's being delisted from the eShop in March it's probably smart to get it now and then pick up Odyssey again when it's on sale (by sale I mean "not a ridiculous £50!!")

It has Galaxy in it! That makes it the best.

I used to just leave this game on the title screen on the WiiU when I was doing housework. No one does title screens like Nintendo!  Absolutely lovely game. 

Fuck it - I have no idea what this game is like or have the privilege of any hype around it.  Never owned a WiiU and have no idea what the Switch version adds but I've sat staring at my game collection on my PC and realised I have zero interest in starting any of them.  I loaded up Desperados 3 - took a little look at the controls and realised it looked a little like hard work.  Ridiculous I know. 

I think I need games to be much more immediate these days. It's either that or just play Slay the Spire for the rest of my life! 

33 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Fuck it - I have no idea what this game is like or have the privilege of any hype around it.  Never owned a WiiU and have no idea what the Switch version adds but I've sat staring at my game collection on my PC and realised I have zero interest in starting any of them.  I loaded up Desperados 3 - took a little look at the controls and realised it looked a little like hard work.  Ridiculous I know. 

I think I need games to be much more immediate these days. It's either that or just play Slay the Spire for the rest of my life! 

You won’t regret it! It’s instant pure fun! :) 

World 1 down. Lots of fun as I removed (played but not completed on Wii U).

Mostly it’s reminded me I never got round to buying Captain Toad Treasure Tracker and now I’m tempted to buy and start that. Oops.

Am I correct in thinking that the 2x Nintendo Vouchers for £85 won't allow me to buy Monster Hunter Rise?

If so, can anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest way to get hold of a digital copy of Super Mario 3D World please?

3 minutes ago, bridger said:

Am I correct in thinking that the 2x Nintendo Vouchers for £85 won't allow me to buy Monster Hunter Rise?

If so, can anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest way to get hold of a digital copy of Super Mario 3D World please?

Change your eShop region to Russia. £44 there.

25 minutes ago, bridger said:

Very unlikely. MHGU is not available with the vouchers so I'd expect the same for Rise. 

31 minutes ago, bridger said:

List of games in the £84 offer

You also get 420 Gold coins for buying the voucher (£4.20 future discount). 

they've really upped the speed on this haven't they, of course Mario feels perfectly weighted and super precise as always but he's whizzing around all over the place, I kept on jumping off the edge even on world 1_1 (my descent into old git gaming continues at pace)

37 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Oooh! They made it faster? That's nice to know. Like a Turbo Edition, or something.

I think just Mario’s walking speed no?  Was mentioned in the DF vid. 

14 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Going OT here but I agree. Gone are the days of spending hours and hours learning new systems or complex controls, as much as that still appeals. Nice simple and fun games fit the bill these days. 

Come on, postie, get a shift on. 

I'm not sure it's a hearty recommend if you're a Switch Lite owner and you're getting it for the bowsers fury content.

Tried handheld briefly and it feels grotesque playing a new 3D Mario game at 30fps.

If you can dock it though it looks nice!

17 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Going OT here but I agree. Gone are the days of spending hours and hours learning new systems or complex controls, as much as that still appeals. Nice simple and fun games fit the bill these days. 

Come on, postie, get a shift on. 

Absolutely. Pick it up and play. No  more 10 hour tutorials.