Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 12/02(Switch)

I'm surprised to hear that; my Shopto order arrived today and was with RM on Wednesday, so this was as late as it was ever likely to arrive on the 48 hour service. Do you not have tracking from them yet?

28 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

2nd Game from shopto that hasn't arrived on release day . Did anyone else get their copy from them?

yea mine did i wasnt sure it would as purchased thro their ebay shop 

World 1 boxed off with my daughter , both of us loving this , never had the wii U so these ports are just fine for me 

20 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I'm surprised to hear that; my Shopto order arrived today and was with RM on Wednesday, so this was as late as it was ever likely to arrive on the 48 hour service. Do you not have tracking from them yet?

Ah, i checked the tracking. It says it is due to be delivered today- but by 9:30am-1:50pm (which has past).

However when i ordered Hyrule Warriors last year the tracking said the same thing and i got it the next day.

I'll keep an eye out for it, not bothered too much if it doesn't arrive today but still.

52 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

yea mine did i wasnt sure it would as purchased thro their ebay shop 

World 1 boxed off with my daughter , both of us loving this , never had the wii U so these ports are just fine for me 

About dive in the same in co-op, half term next week too so that’s the weeks entertainment sorted :D

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

My Simply order didn't turn up today either and they're normally excellent. I'm blaming stupid shitty covid post. 

My sSimply order didn’t show either. Though I didn’t expect it too. Next day delivery on first class is a gamble with RoyalFail round where I like :( 

My shopto order arrived too but it was via their eBay outlet as it was cheaper but no steel book. It only dispatched it yesterday but first class whereas it sounds like the website dispatched Wednesday but not first class?

2 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Well I'm just as shit at this as predicted. Already had a Game Over thanks to that swimming dinosaur thing. Think I'm going to unlock levels then go back for the green stars later.

That was the first level I didn't get them all on. And whilst I've got most since it's relaxed me a little so I'm not too worried about them.

I could do with a no timer mode. I'm not sure I enjoy it's presence. Most of the time I forget it's there but when I'm enjoying exploring, mucking around, it's just annoying to glance and think you'd best get on with it.

6 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

That was the first level I didn't get them all on. And whilst I've got most since it's relaxed me a little so I'm not too worried about them.

I could do with a no timer mode. I'm not sure I enjoy it's presence. Most of the time I forget it's there but when I'm enjoying exploring, mucking around, it's just annoying to glance and think you'd best get on with it.

Honestly, from playing the Wii U version - they should get rid of the timer AND game over. Sounds like it's going to be annoying playing this 4 player online and having to restart the game over when all lives have ran out. Odyssey got this right but then that is the newer game.

55 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Why?

I’ve just been trying to work this out. I had this view the first time I had 3D world but never gave it a fair chance and was distracted by other games.

So I’ve been really hyped for 3D world, so much that I bought a 3DS again so I could replay 3D Land, which I’ve been hammering this last week and a half.

I think it’s a mix of the tanooki suit vs the cat suit (the former I prefer) and the 3D feature which still stands up as really magical.

Maybe if I play world in handheld mode I’ll like it more!

Got the steelbook from ShopTo today, but I won't have a chance to play it until later.

I was also surprised that the steelbook literally came separate from the normal game. I'm tempted to sell it, especially as I don't have my games out on display.

I preferred Land as well. For me it's because it feels like a 2D Mario that's been tilted into 3D and has the same tight level design of the classic game with no wasted space. World is designed to have four players so when you're playing on your own it can feel a bit empty with too much space between platforming. I had the same problem with Odyssey that you spend most of your time commuting to the challenge.