What other comedy shows to enjoy on BBC iPlayer?

gospvg

On 16/01/2021 at 11:21, readonly said:

So Awkward - a fun CBBC sitcom set in a secondary school about three girls who don't quite fit in. Bigger on laughs than a lot of grown-up sitcoms I've endured.

I hadn’t seen this before but my friends kid was watching it over Christmas, it had Archie Lyndhurst and his dad Dave in it then at the end a little dedication to Archie who had apparently died in his sleep recently. He was so young :( 

40 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

I hadn’t seen this before but my friends kid was watching it over Christmas, it had Archie Lyndhurst and his dad Dave in it then at the end a little dedication to Archie who had apparently died in his sleep recently. He was so young :( 

Yes, it's terribly sad - he was a terrific actor, and so young.

• 5 months later...
On 16/01/2021 at 03:34, ZOK said:

Still Game is up there.

Also the magnificent Pulling, although that’s not really family friendly.

We’ve started watching Pulling again and it really is magnificent, easily one of the best things the BBC have done, and much better than either Catastrophe and Motherland in the Sharon Horgan stakes. Two perfect series of amazing comedy.

On 27/06/2021 at 15:06, ZOK said:

We’ve started watching Pulling again and it really is magnificent, easily one of the best things the BBC have done, and much better than either Catastrophe and Motherland in the Sharon Horgan stakes. Two perfect series of amazing comedy.

And quite incredibly, got to the end of series 2 and found there is a lovely 1 hour special that we never knew existed. 

Still, really criminal this was never recommissioned by BBC3 for a third series it’s never short of brilliant throughout.

• 1 month later...

Tim Renkow's awfully unPC comedy Jerk is back for a second run of 4 eps (first series is still up too).

It's not a particularly easy watch but is quite often very funny and nails things in a way that others just couldn't - at the start of the second series Tim, who has cerebral palsy, is enrolling at uni and informing the other students that he identifies as able bodied. 

It's the kind of thing iPlayer and BBC3 are made for really.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/aug/02/jerk-series-two-review-still-the-most-outrageously-un-pc-comedy-on-tv

Few of these have been mentioned already,

This Country

The Young offenders

People just do nothing

Man like Mobeen

Enterprice

Can't go wrong with a bit of Fawlty Towers

if C4 is allowed; Stath lets flats, Derry girls & Phone shop

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, teddymeow said:

The Cleaner.

Written by and starring Greg Davies as a crime scene cleaner.

Helena Bonham-Carter guest starred in the first episode and David Mitchell is in the second.

We're finding it hilarious!

Watched the first two episodes, it’s such a weird idea but it works. They’re more like mini plays than a sitcom.

• 2 weeks later...