Think I'm in general agreement with the last couple pages:

Spoiler

Extremely dumb but ok for a sunday evening.

Feel like the entire middle act could have been ditched aside from the excellent environmental and lesser-creature designs, and the kids/insider subplot was lame.

Final act was pretty epic. Great scale of destruction, and lets you see it. Cant help love a bit of smoke+neon too.

Mostly though I love how uncompromisingly naff the mecha-godzilla design is. Kind of adds a certain charm. :)

3 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Think I'm in general agreement with the last couple pages:

Hide contents

Mostly though I love how uncompromisingly naff the mecha-godzilla design is. Kind of adds a certain charm. :)

Spoiler

The design apparently came about because Wingard is a Transformers fan and wanted to be sure it wasn't in any way like Bay's Transformers and that you could actually see what was happening.

Spoiler

Maybe he is meant to look like a spooky skeleton to give him a psychological advantage? :lol: 

Edit -

Spoiler

This was a joke but I just read that the spec for Mechagodzilla was “a terminator” so yeah, it’s a big Godzilla robot skeleton