Favourite Radiohead song, just one

15 hours ago, BitterToad said:

As a direct result of this thread I am now trapped in a cycle of only listening to Myxomatosis. It is music for me now. "What are you listening to?" People will ask me. "The song" I will reply. 

Amazing song, dunno if you’ve ever seen them live but this is a beast when they do it now. 

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Amazing song, dunno if you’ve ever seen them live but this is a beast when they do it now. 

The best version I ever heard was in Manchester in 2003... I think it was just before the album came out, but everyone had already listened to the leaked version on Soulseek. For Myxomatosis, Colin's bass was turned up so loud and had an ultra-aggressive snarl. He played the shit out of it. It was fucking amazing. The energy was off the charts.

This isn't a song, but it's more convenient to post this here than to bump the other Radiothread...

A video on the Ondes Martenot, and how Jonny Greenwood's use of it has revived the instrument's popularity:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Impossible to choose just one, but I will say I've probably listened to the Basement recording of KoL probably a hundred times over the course of lockdown.

Probably my favourite (or at least most notable) from that is Little by Little, which tbh didnt do that much for me on the album version.

This thread got me listening to Hail To The Thief again for the first time in... maybe a decade? Anyway, I was surprised how strong it seemed to me. For some reason I had it in my head as one of their weakest albums but on going back to it somewhat freshly, it's a fantastic record.

That said, my favourite Radiohead song isn't on that album. It rotates between How To Disappear Completely and Lucky on a regular basis. I've always felt OK Computer should have finished with The Tourist and then Lucky, rather than the other way around.

On 18/03/2021 at 12:01, kiroquai said:

That said, my favourite Radiohead song isn't on that album. It rotates between How To Disappear Completely and Lucky on a regular basis. I've always felt OK Computer should have finished with The Tourist and then Lucky, rather than the other way around.

No way man, that triangle at the end of The Tourist is such a perfect way to end the album.  It's questionable whether Lucky should have been on it at all, as it was recorded at a different time.

On 30/01/2021 at 15:23, Nick R said:

This isn't a song, but it's more convenient to post this here than to bump the other Radiothread...

A video on the Ondes Martenot, and how Jonny Greenwood's use of it has revived the instrument's popularity:

I remember trying to tell my girlfriend about this instrument and calling it "the Charles Martinet". :lol:

The live version of Like Spinning Plates.

Who else would write a song that beautiful, and then mess with it as they did? Don't get me wrong I love the album version, but that piano part is pure Radiohead.

So difficult to choose a favourite for one of my favourite bands of all time.

I've seen them live on almost every one of their tours, starting from when they were the support band for every band that would take them. Remember the first time being them supporting Sultans of Ping at the Rayleigh Pink Toothbrush in 1992, just a few months after Creep was out and wanting to see them live and they were suddenly playing at my local venue, this band that was in NME and Melody Maker.

Lost count of the countries visited to see them.

But the one song and location I remember hitting the most and this is why I've chosen it, is on the Kid A tour at the Punchestown Racecourse County Kildare just outside Dublin. Waiting and hoping they would play How to Disappear Completely, and the moment Thom song the line 'I float down the Liffey' I've never heard such a loud reaction in all my life, my ribs hurt due to the volume of the crowd singing it back to the band. That was real special and the song brings back so many good memories.

TD;LR, 'How To Disappear Completely' due to the feels