It's a Sin New Russell T Davies drama

I loved this, it had us in pieces by the end. Really great drama. 

Keeley Hawes was miscast but does her best with the role. I do think that a different actor would have been better. Everyone else was amazing.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jan/03/russell-t-davies-i-looked-away-for-years-finally-i-have-put-aids-at-the-centre-of-a-drama

This is well worth a read. I had no idea that Jill was a real person, and actually appears in it - as Jill's mother.

First 3 episodes were great but Richie was just such a horrible person i really found the last few episodes a slog. 

Spoiler

If it would have been Colin at the end id have bawled my eyes out.

I'm guessing it suffered from the cut episodes as with a bit more development some of the characterisations would have made more sense. 

Just finished watching this and thought it was tremendous TV - gripping and so emotional.  Good performances all round too.

I'm as cold hearted as anyone I know when it comes to TV - nothing ever makes me shed a tear but bloody hell, this was incredibly close on multiple occasions.

Spoiler

Colin on his death bed making inappropriate comments to Richie managed to be amusing one moment but then utterly heart breaking mere seconds later :(

I watched this with my partner over the last two days. I wasn't that bothered to see it, but she had been told it was amazing and a "must watch". At the end of it we both are of the opinion that it was OK, but the characters were pretty paper thin and the whole thing could have done with a lot more fleshing out.

We still don't know who's funeral it was at the start of episode 4 and there seemed to be quite a few background characters that barely got a line, yet we were expected to care about them. I would have liked some more background and character development through the 4 hour runtime. We also found the main character REALLY unsympathetic, and as a result there wasn't that intended emotional punch there for us. 

Not a bad programme by any stretch, but a missed opportunity to make something that could have been amazing, rather than what was verging on a cross between an amateur theatre production and a music video at times. 

I enjoyed this a lot. Totally on board with RTD being hit and miss, but this left me feeling some things.

That said, the passage of time was a little underplayed. And I spent a bit of time trying to work out which person was Davies' avatar (it's a bit of all of them, I guess?). 

Well worth a watch. In the same 12 month period as I May Destroy You, it suffers, but everything does. It's still very good, has an amazing sense of place, and made me wish I could have visited the Pink Palace.