Good Horror Game Playthroughs

Full disclosure: I'm a massive chicken who generally finds actually sitting down to play horror games way too tense to be enjoyable. But weirdly I really enjoy watching other people playing them, in the same way that I like watching horror films

Can anyone recommend any decent online videos of playthroughs? I used to quite like the Let's Plays the Two Best Friends used to do before they imploded.

Mary Kish also plays Dead Space (and the sequel) Two fantastic games, gutted there was never a remaster for either. Sitting in the dark playing 2 with headphones on was a trip.

I've bigged it up before, but I thought this was great:

Highlights:

It's more a comedy playthrough than a commentary/Let's Play, but definitely worth watching, especially if you like TCGS, obviously.

7 hours ago, Radish said:

I just remembered their Evil Within 2 play through, which is also good. Although word of warning, Huber is one of these people that’s actually still excited about video games and in particular enjoys Horror and Shinji Mikami games, so it’s basically the opposite of a cranky Giant Bomb play through if that’s normally your thing. 

8 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I've bigged it up before, but I thought this was great:

Highlights:

It's more a comedy playthrough than a commentary/Let's Play, but definitely worth watching, especially if you like TCGS, obviously.

I'm a big fan, but man would I chip in to a fundraiser for a controller with the pause button drilled out. Mat would explode.

Can’t be doing with inane fake screams at every jump scare. It’s full play though no commentary all the way for my scaredy-cat viewing (Outlast was never getting played after the first 10 mins)

Does anyone actually react like they do in these videos in real life?

I'll jump a bit, or think ooh that's a bit scary innit but I don't think I've ever had a reaction based on how Youtubers react. It's like The Room level of acting.

I quite like the Scary Game Squad, one guy seems to have a hair trigger with getting spooked but most of them are pretty chill and there's a lot of jokes, they love the shlock in ones like Resident Evil which was similar to 2BF.

Comedy option:

23 hours ago, Harsin said:

I used to quite like the Let's Plays the Two Best Friends used to do before they imploded

If you didn't already catch it, Silent Hill 2 was a good one of theirs - it might not be packed with funny jumpscare reactions, but there's some nice discussion in there.